Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7650 repair????

Options
  • 03-12-2003 1:41pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a place who will repair "water" damage.Ive been noticing over the last few days that the keypad has been making really highpitched tones on certain keys and also when an incoming call is received the caller sounds like they`re in a tin box(really high pitched Bosco voice:) )

Anyway I dropped it into a place today to get checked out and they say that its water damage although as far as I can remember its never been near any type of fluid and by Nokias regulations they`re not allowed to repair it although they reckon that its 100% repairable.

The phone works 100% except for these 2 minor problems.Its just annoying to put up with.The technician even reckons that the problems may or may not be down to this minor water damage.

So anyone out there know someone who isnt a Nokia approved repairer who will have a go at fixing this for me.Or if anyone has the tools to open up a 7650 Id pay them to have a go at fixing it.
    Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

i went thru a lot of grief with a 6310i. i got it sorted in the end. i proved to myself that theres a big depndancy on who actually looks at your phone.

i believe there are only a handful of contract repair providerd in dublin. each shop uses different ones and skills vary> find out the name of the company that your shop used to check your phone. try to channel your phone through to another one via another shop. im with vodafone and the most sympathetic and best service i got was thru the vodafone shop at the top of grafton st.

the telephone center on dawson st are pretty good too. they recently changed repair providers cos even they were not happy with their provider

good luck :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Went into the Phone shop on Dawson Street.Excellent service I have to say and they can repair the phone.Only drawback is that its going to cost €75.00.
    And the phone repair wont be covered under guarantee.I could probably buy a s/h 7650 for around the €150 mark so Im not too sure about getting it repaired or getting a replacement.
    Any point in getting this repaired??
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

easy choice : a non guaranteed repair for e75 or a second hand phone of unknown history for e150. i'd go w the repair.

from my experiences with various repairs at e75 u'll end up with essntially a whole new phone. i've never paid more than e60. they should specify what the repair actions will be and you can judge from that e.g. software pateches. new amp or receiver or completely new hardware ecxept fo shell.

haggle with them and go with the cheap but understood option at e75. if there is NO improvement at all they SHOULD repair it again for free.

Advertisement