Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New striker for ManYoo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Another trophyless season for Liverpool...:mad:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ever notice how few chelsea fans are around?
    wait till next season if/when they win something
    there will be a flood of them

kinda like the early 90's where every man and his dog was a utd fan "for years and years"

i kinda dont mind liverpool fans at least i know there not fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by smemon
    owen, defoe wont improve utd....

If you think Owen would'nt improve Utd you are not only biased but really dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Back on topic.....

There's a piece in the Indo today that says that Mark Viduka and Alan Smith are bring watched by Ferguson.

Not too sure about either of these to be honest, Viduka will score anywhere he goes but his attitude isn't right for United imho.

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

eh, the last time Liverpool had a trophyless season was the same year Utd had one...genius!:rolleyes:

Don't get carried away yet - I reckon they'll do well in the FA Cup this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

On the viduka thing football365 report that he will move to untied ina 5 mil deal in january, I cant see this happening.

Teamtalk.com has an interview with ferguson where he syas he wont be in a big hurry to sign, what he acctually says is that the options are limited to those who can play in europe..

Bring on Young Lee Sharpe & Jay Jay.....(I wish)

Hate this so called "banter", thread spoiling if u ask me.......

john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

jank

I agree but where did the liverpool fans come from, not from their success, bull, i was born a utd supporter and went through hell watching liverpool clean up and was outnumbered 10 to 1 in my class and you tell me it has nothing to do with succcess. i know a few Chelsea supporters and fair play to them for sticking with them.

I hate people that jump on the band wagon and change teams every year but dont forget the real supporters out there. i know leeds fans who would die for them so not everyone does that. U are right all the same, they will have five times the support next year but thats what success brings and both liverpool and utd benefit from it!

Ronaldo7

No need to say they won't win anything yet but they probably won't and maybe utd as well!

Originally posted by donhughberto
    jank

I agree but where did the liverpool fans come from, not from their success, bull, i was born a utd supporter and went through hell watching liverpool clean up and was outnumbered 10 to 1 in my class and you tell me it has nothing to do with succcess. i know a few Chelsea supporters and fair play to them for sticking with them.

I hate people that jump on the band wagon and change teams every year but dont forget the real supporters out there. i know leeds fans who would die for them so not everyone does that. U are right all the same, they will have five times the support next year but thats what success brings and both liverpool and utd benefit from it!

i agree completely from what you said there. all im saying that liverpool supporters who are of a young age like me are what i say "more loyal" because they have won feck all recently!

im sure there are as many loyal utd fans out there but there are more so called sun-shine supporters from utd than any other club (in the world)?
    well if u believe the manchester utd PR 1 billion chinese are true reds from birth:rolleyes: (well OT only holds 67,000 per week not 1 billion if im led to believe)
    people will now make comparisons saying that anfield only holds 45,000 and they are the only true pool fans. its not that simple
    well your missing the point and if you think like that then you must be chinese
    alot of these people wouldnt know a football from a camel toe

remember the blackburn situation a few years ago?(loads of fans saying how they won the league!!)

i admire leeds supporters too i hope they wont go down plus they give utd a tough game too
    and yes there are chelsea supporters around the place but expect alot more of them over the next year or too;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭silver_p

Originally posted by jank
    i agree completely from what you said there. all im saying that liverpool supporters who are of a young age like me are what i say "more loyal" because they have won feck all recently!

How the hell can you come up with such a STUPID comment like that. Please do tell me how your more loyal than the likes of me. I have been following Liverpool since 1969 or 70, i was 3 or 4yrs of age respectfully and they were winning feck all then either, Leeds were the dominant force then.

I had to wait many years for Liverpool to dominate europe, which they did for a decade (during the eighties) and YES it was absolutely FANTASTIC.

But as im sure your aware, since then we've picked up cups here and there but have missed out on the BIG ONE's.

So, how loyal does that make me, do you still rate yourself as more loyal than me, please do tell.

Originally posted by silver_p
    How the hell can you come up with such a STUPID comment like that. Please do tell me how your more loyal than the likes of me. I have been following Liverpool since 1969 or 70, i was 3 or 4yrs of age respectfully and they were winning feck all then either, Leeds were the dominant force then.

I had to wait many years for Liverpool to dominate europe, which they did for a decade (during the eighties) and YES it was absolutely FANTASTIC.

But as im sure your aware, since then we've picked up cups here and there but have missed out on the BIG ONE's.

So, how loyal does that make me, do you still rate yourself as more loyal than me, please do tell.

FFS, it's nice to see that the thread has gone belly up like most Man Utd threads tend to do here :rolleyes:

silver_p, I'm guessing jank was talking about fans who started supporting liverpool since they became a cesspool of medicroity rather than people who started supporting them when they were winning everthing.

There is now one billion chinese real supporters lol, they worship beckham haha. I just think comments about jumping on the band wagon should not be oout in the face of people who had the misery of watching Liverpool and Arsenal clean up and now we win we are called everything. i think its more kids at school these days wanting to taunt other kids, don't have a cclue about the game, just know who wins. I hate that, i bought my nephew the whole utd kit for xmmas, in our family you are either Utd or you are an outsider lol.

The tempature during a game heats up when we are all together. liverpool fans are the most passionate in the world and i do respect loyalty, If utd are bottom of the third i will still be with them(but will 1 billion chinese lol). i don't like the way they treat fans, shirt after shirt, money money money and don't buy the zidanes we need to be the best, even though money is no object. my best mate is a Luton Town man, hows that for loyalty!

Originally posted by donhughberto
    There is now one billion chinese real supporters lol, they worship beckham haha. I just think comments about jumping on the band wagon should not be oout in the face of people who had the misery of watching Liverpool and Arsenal clean up and now we win we are called everything. i think its more kids at school these days wanting to taunt other kids, don't have a cclue about the game, just know who wins. I hate that, i bought my nephew the whole utd kit for xmmas, in our family you are either Utd or you are an outsider lol.

The tempature during a game heats up when we are all together. liverpool fans are the most passionate in the world and i do respect loyalty, If utd are bottom of the third i will still be with them(but will 1 billion chinese lol). i don't like the way they treat fans, shirt after shirt, money money money and don't buy the zidanes we need to be the best, even though money is no object. my best mate is a Luton Town man, hows that for loyalty!

Yeah, my missus if from S/E London and all her family are Charlton fans. Then you go to the pub that evening and most that you meet there are Charlton fans too. It's a huge difference from here where you generally grow up supporting who your friends do or whoever's winning things at the time or whatever.

I don't agree with this argument about shirts changing all the time so United don't care about their fans though. Practically every premiership team changes their home strip every 2 seasons. It's just that United are highligted for doing it more because they're a high profile club. Every time they bring out a new strip the Evening Herald runs a price about United ripping off their fans with a picture of some sad little kid in last seasons strip. Every team changes their home strip! Sure, it frustrates me that United don't buy high profile players too sometimes but then I remember the treble winning side and that there weren't zidanes, rauls, ronaldos in that team. Money IS an object, Man U are a PLC and have shareholders to answer to whether we as fans like it or not.

you cant buy loyalty i guess it comes with time one of my friends team is stoke city(doing pretty well now actually:D )

silver p ur missing the point completely!!
    me more loyal than u?

never said anything like that did i??

well since im not a liverpool supporter how can i be more loyal(very sensitive!!)

what im trying to say is that in bad times alot of fans seem to dither into the shadows
    and in good times everyone seems to be a fan

as i siad wait till next year and see how many chelsea shirts you will see on people around the place

ps im not making a sweeping statement here that all chelsea fans are fake ok and the same goes to all kinds of fans out there but in times of a clubs success its harder to tell the real butter from the fake:p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Van Der Vaart or Kezman IMO.

Fergie will go for the ones at selling clubs (Ajax and PSV).

• Advertisement

nobody mentioned kliuvert yet seems to want to leave barca

think his club bound for europe though isnt he?

would do well for utd even though newcastle and aresnal are suppsoidly after him too

im after hearing great things on kezman and eto

Kezman would be cup tied though because he's played in the CL this season already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I would imagine that ideally Fergie would like to get a player that is not cup tied but if someone he rates highly becomes available I wouln,t think he would be so short sighted so as to rule out a purchaes just because he is cup tied this season..

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Does the cup tie thing not go out the window when you go into the knockout stages?

I Think youre getting mixed up with the difference between being cup tied and a new signing. A new signing can play in the later stages as long as they have not played for another team in the competition this season. If The have they remain cup tied and can not play.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I would imagine that ideally Fergie would like to get a player that is not cup tied but if someone he rates highly becomes available I wouln,t think he would be so short sighted so as to rule out a purchaes just because he is cup tied this season..

Yeah, but I just have an awful feeling we will go for Viduka if Ferguson thinks he can get him cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Cant see united going for kluivert, sure himself and van nistelrooy dont play together for holland cant see them doing it for united.. nice idea tho he would have suited beckham's style of play had he signed when he cud have signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Tray
    If you think Owen would'nt improve Utd you are not only biased but really dumb.

your living with the english press, a world were every english player is made out to be 100 times better than they really are. owen is a manufactured goalscorer, he'll never be a world predator or true striker like henry or van nistlerooy.

lets be honest here and realistic, if he's such a great player whats he doing at liverpool??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

your living with the english press, a world were every english player is made out to be 100 times better than they really are. owen is a manufactured goalscorer, he'll never be a world predator or true striker like henry or van nistlerooy.
    lets be honest here and realistic, if he's such a great player whats he doing at liverpool??
    You are such a ****ing cock monkey. What sorta ****e are you talking. Do you actually no anything about football? He is considered to be one of the best natural goal scorers in the world and to top it off he is honest. He is not a diving, fouling horseface bastard who just annoys people. Why is he with Liverpool? Cause he is a loyal supporter and employee to a club who gave him his break when he was a young fella and has made him one the richest sportmen in England. Combine that wit the fact that there is constant speculation to who whether Real, Barcelona and numerous other "bigger" clubs.
    ****tard!

[EDIT]Passion is one thing Jesus but I have given you a few warnings this week,. Sorry but am gonna ban you for a week or until ya cool down, whichever comes first.

PM me if ya wanna chat about this.[/EDIT]

He is not a diving, fouling horseface bastard who just annoys people.

Pongool :D

Jesus you.re a bit on the High side lately, take a chill pill will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Apologies in advance, doubt i will be able to after I get banned....

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    You are such a ****ing cock monkey. What sorta ****e are you talking. Do you actually no anything about football? He is considered to be one of the best natural goal scorers in the world and to top it off he is honest. He is not a diving, fouling horseface bastard who just annoys people. Why is he with Liverpool? Cause he is a loyal supporter and employee to a club who gave him his break when he was a young fella and has made him one the richest sportmen in England. Combine that wit the fact that there is constant speculation to who whether Real, Barcelona and numerous other "bigger" clubs.
    ****tard!
    You are an absolute spa. Shutup. Shutup. Shutup...
    I would like to see Owen play for Utd. He would be a great addition for any squad but you...are a spa! :rolleyes:

Getting banned for passsion sucks, should get a yellow card lol

Originally posted by Tray
    eh, the last time Liverpool had a trophyless season was the same year Utd had one...genius!:rolleyes:

Im talking about REAL trophy's...not the toy ones.

Getting banned for passsion sucks, should get a yellow card lol

Gotta agree with that. Allowances should be made for irate pool supporters at the mo.

Hey lads leave out the personal stuff it;s only a game.

Owen wouldn't be a bad no 9 for United IMHO.

Fergie might work his magic and turn him into a quality player;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭silver_p

Obviously you haven't got a clue when it comes to top strikers, world class strikers. Jesus, any club and i mean ANY CLUB in the world would be more than happy to have Michael Owen as their striker, why, because he is world class, you gobs***e.

Cop-on man

Originally posted by silver_p
    Obviously you haven't got a clue when it comes to top strikers, world class strikers. Jesus, any club and i mean ANY CLUB in the world would be more than happy to have Michael Owen as their striker, why, because he is world class, you gobs***e.

Cop-on man

he wouldnt get ahead of Raul or Ronaldo at Real. ANY club would want him in their squad but not every club would want them in their starting 11. Of course, i would want him at Utd up front with Van Nistelrooy. But when Scholes is fit again, he could retreat to the bench and wait till an injury crops up.

getting too personal, like been in a pub on match day lol, really Owen is very good, i remember that last couple of seasons when he starts banging them in, nobody is better but he goes through the droughts more often than not!

Kezman, watch the name, the lad is a superstar in the making! Also Van Der Vaart but he is a born liverpool fan, would he play for Utd?

kluivert and van the man have not seen eye to eye after the scotland game, not a good idea.

Defoe not ready for Utd yet!

Eto world class but Real want him as well as valancia!

Quality is very hard to get and nobody wants to sell top players.

too many people take the great game to heart, there is allways nnext season and the next and so on, most people forget the last as soon as the next starts, another chance of glory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

3 one week bans on this thread alone.

silver_p
    Ronaldo7
    jesus_thats_gre

Personal abuse is a big no no. No matter how stupid a post is attack the post not the user.

Gandalf.

he wouldnt get ahead of Raul or Ronaldo at Real. ANY club would want him in their squad but not every club would want them in their starting 11. Of course, i would want him at Utd up front with Van Nistelrooy. But when Scholes is fit again, he could retreat to the bench and wait till an injury crops up.

exactly, the fact he couldnt match raul or ronaldo, wouldnt get a game ahead of henry or van nistelrooy proves he's not a 'world class striker'.

world-class international striker that any team would love to have in their side? get your heads outa the clouds. vieiri, crespo all of the above etc.. are what you call world class players. dont let the english media brainwash you's. rooney, owen, gerrard, james, ferdinand, defoe... all of them are over-rated.

smemon

Even van the man and henry would have a job replacing Raul and Ronaldo, i agree Owen is a very good player but not quite that good, maybe it would be interesting to see him try!

exactly, the fact he couldnt match raul or ronaldo, wouldnt get a game ahead of henry or van nistelrooy proves he's not a 'world class striker'.

Care to explain the logic behind this statment as i find it confusing.:confused:

Yeah he did kinda make it out as if they are competing allready for the places, very confushing Muppet!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Care to explain the logic behind this statment as i find it confusing.:confused:

the logic is simple- would you play owen in a big game ahead of any of the above 4?
    i never said he was crap, he's good, i know. i wouldnt call him world class, thats all im saying. i could list at least 15/20 strikers i'd put ahead of him.

Yes he might just make my top ten, i would put all mentioned in front of him, and i am not biased at all, i would welcome him to Utd anyday and he would do a great job but one thing he has is age over most of my top picks, maybe he can yet improve further!

the logic is simple- would you play owen in a big game ahead of any of the above 4?

TBH no i wouldn,t play him ahead of those 4 but I do rate owen as a quality striker. His scoring record for liverpool is impressive considering the players he has around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

The thing I don't like about Owen is that he relies too much on his pace... which means by about 30 he'll be finished with top flight football at least cause lets face it, without his speed he won't beat too many defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Fergie'll probably buy someone like Prso, or Morientes at the end of the season. Kallon from Inter would be a good buy, ye need pace up front.

your all jealous you don't have Aliadiere!!

• Advertisement

smiaras

I have to be honest, some people would do a bit more than some of the managers in the prem league but who would want the pressure plus the 1mill a year lol.

It doesn't take alot to manage as most are ex pros with little education who get coaching badges and learn as they go along, same as in any job out there. I can't see no reason why someone off the street can't do the same. Ok it is kinda championship manger talk in here, but people are dreamers and dream of having the best players, we all know deep down it won't happen but we have to think someday maybe!

i never said he was crap, he's good, i know. i wouldnt call him world class, thats all im saying. i could list at least 15/20 strikers i'd put ahead of him.

Eh, yes I would actually depending on who he would be playing against! Owen has had to live on scraps at Liverpool and he still absolutely bangs them in. God only knows how many he would get if he were receiving the kind of service RVN was gettinf last season.
    If a former European player of the year is'nt world class then what is? Real are only interested in the best, hence their interest in Owen. Granted he's be against two of the best in the business but thats because Real have, without any shadow of a doubt, the best squad of attacking players in the world.
    I would be really interested to hear who these fictional 15/20 better strikers are? And while you are at it you might enlighten Fergie as well:confused:
    He would be in my top 5 anyway I can tell you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

i could list at least 15/20 strikers i'd put ahead of him.

Let's have the names then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

well i dont know about 20 but i definitly would have the following in infront of him

RVN Mccoy
    Henry Vieri
    Ronaldo Crespo
    Raul Shevchenko
    Trezeguet Del Piero

There is 10 better strikers than him while nihat and ronaldinho and shearer at the moment are just as good as him

• Advertisement
Advertisement