Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New striker for ManYoo?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Gary Doherty - yir only man. And when Rio's away on his two year break, you have a ready-made replacement. Perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by DEG viper
    well i dont know about 20 but i definitly would have the following in infront of him

RVN Mccoy
    Henry Vieri
    Ronaldo Crespo
    Raul Shevchenko
    Trezeguet Del Piero

There is 10 better strikers than him while nihat and ronaldinho and shearer at the moment are just as good as him

Henry, Ronaldo, Raul, Sheva yes
    RVN, Trezeguet about the same
    the rest are a shade below him IMO. Mccoy, Mccoy oh ya mean Makaay....not a chance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Originally posted by Tray
    Henry, Ronaldo, Raul, Sheva yes
    RVN, Trezeguet about the same
    the rest are a shade below him IMO. Mccoy, Mccoy oh ya mean Makaay....not a chance!!

no way is owen about the same as RVN who is a class above him. crespo and trezeguet are better goal scorers than him and so are better strikers. they mightened b better players but they are better strikers

Del piero is disputable

Makaay was top scorer in La league last year so i dont no how u have come to the conclusion that there is no chance that he is not as good as owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Makaay was top scorer in La league last year so i dont no how u have come to the conclusion that there is no chance that he is not as good as owen

And how do you come to the conclusion that he is better than Owen because he was top scorer in La Liga last year?

Owen scored 28 goals in all competitions last season, a strike rate that would be envied by most forwards in the world.

Gary Breen scored more goals than Henry or Trezeguet at the last World Cup, by your logic that makes Breen a better player :rolleyes:

no way is owen about the same as RVN who is a class above him. crespo and trezeguet are better goal scorers than him and so are better strikers. they mightened b better players but they are better strikers

Del piero is disputable

Its all about opinions Viper and there is no way I agree that RVN is a class above Owen. If Owen was getting the same service as RVN was last season God only knows how mant he would have scored. Crespo was a better goal scorer but has done nothing in two seasons to be considered the same now. Trezeguet is not having the best time at the mo either. As for Makaay, one swallow does not make a Summer- Owen has topped the Prem for goals on three separate occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah owen can be just as dangerous as RVN if not even better than him on his day!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    You are such a ****ing cock monkey. What sorta ****e are you talking. Do you actually no anything about football? He is considered to be one of the best natural goal scorers in the world and to top it off he is honest. He is not a diving, fouling horseface bastard who just annoys people. Why is he with Liverpool? Cause he is a loyal supporter and employee to a club who gave him his break when he was a young fella and has made him one the richest sportmen in England. Combine that wit the fact that there is constant speculation to who whether Real, Barcelona and numerous other "bigger" clubs.
    ****tard!
    Number 1: Owen dives (The penalty for England v Argentina WC2002 anyone?!)
    Number 2: Constant speculation that is coming from the English press in which smemon was trying to point out to you...
    Number 3: Ey, ey! Calm down! Calm down!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Number 3: Ey, ey! Calm down! Calm down!

LOL:)

BTW JTG is on a week long ban so maybe his reincarnation will have to reply.

On the topic I was watching post match analysis on MUTV today and there was discussion about the possibility of Anelka moving to UTD. The Pundits today were Clayton Blackmore and Lou Macari so maybe there is some substance to the the rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

I would not want to swap RVN for anyone, if i would i would go for Henry beleive it or not, imagine the two together that would do. Owen would be better than some mentioned but i still wouldnt say no to having him as he is a predator but RVN is irreplaceable at Utd at the minute, the perfect fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Shearer is the best (in my opinion). Yee united pool and arsenal fans would like to think ur midfielders are better than newcastle's and get better supply. But who's the premier leagues top goalscorer Shearer 13 goals , rvn 12,henry 11, owen something worse but in fairness he has been injured.

• Advertisement

I am great respect for shearer, pity he is not in his 20s anymore. I dpubt he will finish top scorer but i have no doubt he will be up there. As i mentioned earlier in the thread Utd missed out badly by not getting him. Newcastle are still climbing league slowly and i would say they are a good bet for fourth, i think they are a better team than the current Liverpool crop! On another note, what a great display by leeds yesterday, if they put that much heart in every week, they will stay up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Let's have the names then.

henry, van nistelrooy, raul, ronaldo, shearer, vieiri, crespo, inzaghi, tristan, morientes, ronaldinho, larsson, shevchenko, makaay, trezeguet, kluivert, del piero, elber

thats 18 what i would call unarguable world class strikers. i wouldnt pick owen over any of the above.

smemon

I hate attacking ur post because i rate all names mentioned, i am man u fan and have to say u have been biased if you beleive Owen isn't as good if not better than larsson for one. Actually credit for Shevchenko, i don't think anyone else mentioned him at all and he is in my top 5 for sure. One think i don't rate scottish football and larsson has be questioned until he plays against top defenders, i know he played alot in europe and did ok but the week in week out thing i mean.

look at the players who moved south this year and yu have to agree that its not been easy for them. Owen is number 8 in my list and here it is top ten!

Ronaldo
    Henry
    RVN
    Shearer
    Shevchecnko
    Raul
    Vieri
    Owen
    Del Piero
    Kezman - he might turn out to be better than alotof those ahead of him

Its all opinion so everybody put forward ten!

ban him ban him for saying anything bad about our beloved Celtic. how could u ? :(

haha, I still cheer celtic you fool lol, I am just saying that they have an easy ride up there and i can't see larsson bang home 30 to 40 goals in the prem league. but i could see owen knock in 50 for celtic!

i was kidding u are the fool for responding with a very serious remark.

But still i think larrson is a world class striker hes done very well for swedan (retired now) and hes done well in europe.

Hes a GOOD player, world class is another league which few belong and not him anyway or Owen!

You think my comment was serious lol! Ah well can't win them all. Imagine how many goals Shearer would bang in up north for example, get the point!

also my top ten are
    (in no partucular order) (so many damn intalians could go in )

F.Inzaghi
    Trezaguet
    Raul
    Henry
    vieri
    Ronaldo
    Shearer
    rvn (
    Del piero
    Shevsencko

others that could go in : totti crespo mutu larrson montella tristan maakay elber all world class stikers.

Lets try this again for the hard of reading...Owen has finished top of the premier league goal scoring charts on 3 separate occasions. Someone explain to me how this is'nt world class!! He has shared the top spot on occasion but his international record is far more impressive than a lot of the names touted here. Some of whom people dont even see unless they watch Serie A.

• Advertisement

tray

Three times please remind me! I think he is a very good player but i only hold the elite few in world class bracket and not 20 strikers as people mentioned earlier. He would not make my team of 22 is all i am saying! Its very much my view only and wen has age on his side to prove everyone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

United are also trying to buy Van Dar Vaart and Robben.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Kezman was hinting at a move to Man Utd yesterday on Sky Sports News. No offers yet though...

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,53-1114178,00.html

Advertisement