Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only in Ireland ...

• 03-12-2003 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Only in Ireland .... can a pizza arrived at your house quicker than an ambulance

Only in Ireland .... Do banks leave their doors open and chain the pens to the counter

142 Irish people were injured in 1999 by not removing all the pins from new shirts

58 Irish people are injured each year by using a knife instead of a screw-driver

13 Irish people have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights are still plugged in

Irish hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year from cracker pulling accidents

101 Irish people since 1999 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys removed from the soles of their feet

18 Irish people had serious burns in 2000 due to trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth

A massive 543 irish people were admitted to A&E in the last 2 years after trying to open beer bottles with their teeth

5 Irish people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control scalextric cars

And finally ....

In 2000, 8 irish people cracked their skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:D think i've seen it before in relation to America

i.e.

Only In America do you have braile on a drive thru atm

Only In America do you order large fries, 2 burgers, icecreams, and a diet coke.

etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    13 Irish people have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights are still plugged in

omg, is this actually true??....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

brilliant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Only in Ireland .... Do banks leave their doors open and chain the pens to the counter

Thats my fav. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

5 Irish people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control scalextric cars

WTF?

jaz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Only In America do you order large fries, 2 burgers, icecreams, and a diet coke.
    A massive 543 irish people were admitted to A&E in the last 2 years after trying to open beer bottles with their teeth
    In 2000, 8 irish people cracked their skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet!!

ROLF!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Man i can see people doing most of those things

ps what does ROLF mean???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Unpossible

Rolling on floor laughing

aaaah arent there some variations of it, or did those ppl just misspell it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

I tried to pull a cracker once but she slapped my face and broke both my fingers. Does that show up in the statistics.

BTW I'm rolling on the floor laughing my ass off that some people don't know what ROTFL or ROTFLMAO means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Really? huh, i thought it was "Right Old F**king Laugh", but i guess thats a bit stupid.

Those beer bottle cap injuries i can well believe funnily enough :D (says alot for irish ingenuity and well...determination)

ROTFL or ROTFLMAO

wait they make more sense now

Those beer bottle cap injuries i can well believe funnily enough

there was a guy at a house party i went to once who could actually do this without hurting himself, we all thought it was hillarious (sp) and kept giving him bottles to open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Originally posted by Unpossible

Rolling on Laughing Floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

LOL, my favourite.
    so true :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Love it. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,452 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Spud
    Rolling on Laughing Floor
    No, I'm convinced he was talking about that Harris guy.

ahahahah!

Rolling on laughing floor!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

What's a cracker? (I'm not native english (or irish)).

a really good looking woman,

or some kind of decorative game or such

where you from muffen?

• Advertisement

where you from muffen?

Sweden :)

you must have a very fast and cheap internet connection!!! :)

you must have a very fast and cheap internet connection!!!

I would have if I hadn't moved to Ireland :)

100Mbits if going for 80euros a month in the greater parts of the 3 largest cities (+ some more places). Upto 2Mbits is largely available in the country, and I think almost everyone can get the standard 512 connection.

Out of those connections, only the 100MBit one is capped, and the cap is 300gigs a month.
    The funny thing is, lots of people complain about the cap. Many people get the 10Mbit connection just because the 100Mbit one has a cap. I've seen usage stats of people transferring over 500gigs a month, constantly!

Ah well, it's a different world I guess :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

Only on Ireland could an overpriced below height tunnel win a design prizeDublin port tunnel

My GOD! i'm moving to Sweden!!!

btw why oh why did you move to Ireland?

btw why oh why did you move to Ireland?

I've been moving around in europe for the last 7 years or so... I was working for a company that decided to move to Ireland... and I had nothing better to do, so I came with the company :)
    Been here for a year and a half now...

Ireland's alright, but I find it unlikely I'll be here after next summer... I'm either gonna leave Europe, or move back to Sweden... but I'm done with this whole moving around in europe thing.. 7 years is long enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by cujimmy
    Only on Ireland could an overpriced below height tunnel win a design prizeDublin port tunnel

Actually the tunnel is built to european standard. The hugh ****off trucks that cannot fit into it are banned in europe. Only place you will see them is in the UK and a bit of Ireland. The trucks are bigger then double deck busses and dont fit under a good few bridges on out motor ways cos they are too damn big. Also, they are dangerous in high winds, thing of a giant square block on a motorway doing 60mph with a big gust :D ..... hotpants will be everywere.

18 Irish people had serious burns in 2000 due to trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth

Ireland has a growing number of idiots i see. I am gonna move to Sweden and get that 10mb connection ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,550 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by muffen
    100Mbits if going for 80euros a month ... and the cap is 300gigs a month

OMFG :ninja:

I realised we were about 3 years behind (retarded is a more appropriate word), but it looks more like 5 now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,550 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

100Mbits if going for 80euros a month ... and the cap is 300gigs a month

OMFG :ninja:

I realised we were about 3 years behind (retarded is a more appropriate word), but it looks more like 5 now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What's a cracker? (I'm not native english (or irish)).
    oooh, how do I describe it.
    It is this thing that (for me) comes out at Christmas. You take it firmly at both ends and pull hard. It is good fun pulling by yourself but is much better if you have a partner. However having two other people pulling isn't quite as musc fun.
    When you pull hard and it pops usually this stuff comes out and goes on the floor or wherever.
    As I said, crackers usually appear @ Christmas. It would be nice if you could get some during the rest of the year but maybe if you could, pulling them wouldn't be as much fun.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to some pulling over Christmas. I'll get my wife, sister or even maybe my parents to join me in pulling my cracker!

:D

Advertisement