Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only in Ireland ...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Thanks for the explanation... I know what they are now (just didn't know that the english word for them was cracker) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

100Mbits if going for 80euros a month ... and the cap is 300gigs a month

WOW!

i want to move to Sweden!

unless the company would pay me a lot of money, i mean a lot, i wouldn't move anywhere!

dang i already said it before!

but can't stop thinking about 100MBs!!! and for 80 euros!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget it's not really BB - it's capped :(
    You'd only be allowed to download 4 Terrabytes per year.

4TBs(actually 3.6) are more than enough!

300GBs a month are you kidding? how many good movies do you know/want? lets say about 100? each is about 700 megs, that's 70 gigs. Music? how much like 30 gigs at most? games - like 50 gigs, browsing - 1 gig at most, streaming stuff 10 gigs, downloading some apps 5 gigs

total = 166 gigs, you have 134 gigs left a little less than a half, and you downloaded everything!

i'd say for 80 euros and 100MB speed, this is AWESOME!

btw muffen how is English in Sweden? do many people understand it there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

'd say for 80 euros and 100MB speed, this is AWESOME!

Actually, I just realized that with the exchangerate now, it's almost 90 euros :)
    btw muffen how is English in Sweden? do many people understand it there?

You should have no problem with only english there. We're forced to learn it in school for a minimum of 5 years, and most people (like 85% or so) study it for 8 years. I managed to live in England and Ireland... and I grew up in Sweden, so I only knew english from school :)
    Also, all TV/movies are only subtitled, so you're almost required to understand english.
    unless the company would pay me a lot of money, i mean a lot, i wouldn't move anywhere!

I moved before these connection came around ... but to be honest, I'm happy I didn't stay in Sweden. I've lived in four countries so far, and trust me, when you move countries, you learn a lot, and I wouldn't give that up, not even for 100Mbits :)

BTW, if you wanna see something interesting, look up gigasunet on google. It's the Swedish university network, and they have 2 * 2,5gigabits going out from every university, and the main access onto the internet is from KTH in Stockholm, also 2 * 2,5gigabits.

Currently, my sister is studying in a swedish university, so she has 10MBits (alot of student houses have 10MBit connections included in the rent).
    My dad (who uses internet for online banking only) has 2MBits. I use the internet all the time, and I have 1Mbit for which I'm paying 204 euros a month (uncapped Eircom line). Sometimes, it's just not fair! :/

Actually, I just realized that with the exchangerate now, it's almost 90 euros

i'd be willing and happy to pay 200 for 100Mbs

it's cool English is good in Sweden, i don't really like the idea of forcing though
    I've lived in four countries so far, and trust me, when you move countries, you learn a lot, and I wouldn't give that up, not even for 100Mbits

wow! i didn't know you could move countries! now that's a force! i wouldn't give it up either, not for 100 megs not for anything else :D
    BTW, if you wanna see something interesting, look up gigasunet on google. It's the Swedish university network, and they have 2 * 2,5gigabits going out from every university, and the main access onto the internet is from KTH in Stockholm, also 2 * 2,5gigabits.

MY GOD! i think the only country that comes close is Finland, then Japan, of course USA and UK must have a very fast connection(imo faster than Sweden faster than Japan) but not for the public like in Sweden! and not as cheap!
    Currently, my sister is studying in a swedish university, so she has 10MBits (alot of student houses have 10MBit connections included in the rent).
    My dad (who uses internet for online banking only) has 2MBits. I use the internet all the time, and I have 1Mbit for which I'm paying 204 euros a month (uncapped Eircom line). Sometimes, it's just not fair! :/

i'm crying! i'm crying! :(

btw why don't you switch to Netsource 1MB line? it's something like 169 a month www.netsource.ie

Advertisement