Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dakatainia??

Options
  • 26-11-1999 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to this little gem?

El

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Shugashack says it goes gold next week.
    But who cares? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, I was just reading what Hakeem said about q3 test...

"Haven't got much faith in id anymore I'm afraid. It's all been downhill since you know who left smile.gif
    He knew what made a good DM game"

Who knows, maybe he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and give us a great game that kicks the crap outa q3 and UT.

Always bet on the underdog...

Then again...

El

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

laugh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Insert 800th bad 'Welsh Samurai' joke here.

john.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Last time I played DK it had the best potential of all three as a replacement to QW.

Laugh if you will but why does everyone give Carmack the credit... romero was involved too and might learn from the lucky "bugs" that makes the game great...

People who are unusually quiet are the ones with something to really shout about...

DeV.

really sorry bout these images..
    but Daikatana hahahahahhahahah

die.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

er, yes, the ppl who drew those cartoons prob never even played the demo smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The people who drew those cartoons give nerds a bad name ffs. Talk about cartoons for a limited audience.

M

• Advertisement

the demo is ****e.
    played it yesterday
    now daikatana
    hahahahahahahhaha

haha check out planetdaikatanas feeble attempt to get back at penny-arcade for the above cartoon strips..
    http://www.planetdaikatana.com/potd/index.asp?id=52023

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

God that planetdaikatana one is LAME smile.gif

Penny Arcade rocks - sure, it's limited audience, but it's funny all the same. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CWTychoBrahe

Hecate: I play all the games we do comics about. It's not like I'm the only one that thinks Daikatana sucks.

(CW)TB
    Penny Arcade Cartoons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Carmaks a tossbag! I reckon hes farked up ID.

John Romero is the king.

He was the real brains behind Doom and Quake. He still my idol. I remember the first demo i ever watch - Dm2, Romero v's KillCreek. OMG, so classy! Anyone else remember that dem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Interesting thing is that Romero initially taught Carmack how to program.

However, Carmack is light years ahead of him in coding skills now - I don't like Q3 as you all know, but I have a lot of respect for the incredible work in that graphics engine.

Thing about Romero is that he is an idiot who has been living off one good idea (deathmatch) and hasn't had another innovative one since - and I say idiot because I know how he's been running his ship at Ion Storm, and it's so ego-centric it's unbelievable.

The guy invented deathmatch, fair f***s to him for that, but since then, everyone else has been expanding on it with cool ideas (CTF, C&H/KotH/DOM, TF/AS, CA) and he has merely stagnated.

IMHO, American McGee was a much greater loss to id...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Daikatana? Is he welsh? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeh, tycho, but what im saying is those cartoons are a wee bit onesided (but still funny nonetheless). I guess thats the nature of satire smile.gif

usually its quite hard to take the p1ss out of something without actually taking the p1ss out of it smile.gif

Advertisement