Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup: Liverpool Vs. Bolten

• 03-12-2003 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Liverpool team is as follows:

Dudek
    Otsemobor
    Traore
    Biscan
    Riise
    Diao
    Murphy (capt)
    Le Tallec
    Diouf
    Smicer
    Heskey

Subs - Kirkland, Kewell, Gerrard, Pongolle, Cheyrou

Delighted that Otsemober is getting his chance. Looks like Le Tallac will play behind Heskey.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

... oops!

United out too. I guess some of the top premiership teams don't have a great crop of youngsters coming through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think its more a case of a back four of Diao - Biscan - Otsemobor - Traore that may have caused some problems ;)

Shame to have lost the game would have been nice to have won it and keep up some interest in it. With such an important game against Newcastle on sunday it was going to see which game Houllier had his main interest in and he as expected chose to play a relatyively different side and rest a lot of the key players. When it went 2-2 I thought extra time was looming but alas Salif Diao's foot felt otherewise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by kif
    ... oops!

United out too. I guess some of the top premiership teams don't have a great crop of youngsters coming through...

since when are liverpool a top premiership team?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by kif
    ... oops!

well a team made up of boys(with the exception of 3 players) beat wolves 5-1 !!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well with that sorta central defence I wasn't expecting much.

Anyhow, Otsemober got Liverpoolfc.tv's man of the match award. Nice break for him.

Oh and it was also nice to see GH give out about a performance for a change, he wasn't a happy bunny at all in the post match conference. He blasted the players out of it.

Other than that not too many good points to take away from the match:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Heskey was the next to miss - the England international slipping embarrassingly at the crucial moment after a blocked Anthony Le Tallec effort had fallen kindly to him in the area.
    Sounds familiar. Why does he play??
    Heskey has already scored six times this season after netting just nine all last term, and Houllier knows that he has to be treated just right to get the best out of him.

"People need different types of management and Emile needs cuddling," he stated.
    rofl :D

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,51-1113559,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by Helix
    since when are liverpool a top premiership team?

Good to see a man live up to his sig...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by jank
    well a team made up of boys(with the exception of 3 players) beat wolves 5-1 !!:p

Its great to see that your ban has expired... A worthwhile contribution again :rolleyes:

Anyway, Diao gave away a free kick which resulted in the second goal. Then gave away the penalty for the third goal.. Great to see him back ahem ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Great to see him back ahem ahem

back? was ever here? one moment in a world cup is all I've seen of him.

Originally posted by uberwolf
    back? was ever here? one moment in a world cup is all I've seen of him.

Haha, yeah he played a few games last season but didn't really make much of am impact..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Thats a wee bit harsh on the lad, he did get an assist for Heskey's goal at the weekend !
    (Do 60 yard wallops count as assists?)

Its great to see that your ban has expired... A worthwhile contribution again :rolleyes:

well if you actually read my the quote i was replying to then it would make perfect sense and it would be worthwhile please explain what makes a worth while comment to your obviously surpeior football brain!!
    well since your that much of an GOD let me make my VALID point again

kif siad that it looks like the top premiership teams dont have that great youth teams coming out since young and understrength teams from both the pool and utd were beaten and beaten well

however arsenal palyed a very much weakend side against wolves (nine first team members in the wolves team) and they beat them 5-1
    so what does that say about arsenal's youth team??

well it says there not bad at all, not saying that there world beaters but there is a good crop of youngsters coming through there and the same cant really be said for the pool and very surprisingly utd
    it is only one match though

ok viera, kanu and wiltord played for the arsenal but wiltord and kanu arent exactly arsenal's best players and the match was more of a fitness test for viera who as out injured for the last 2-3 months
    werent there two 16 year olds playing for arsenal??
    and didnt one of them score against premiership opponents?

people should give credit where credit is due!
    well done to west brom they def desserved it. they will give the arse youngsters a much stiffer test than wolves imo

then again it is the carling cup and how cares??!!(besides those youth players of course)

ps
    jtg lay off the snide comments will ya it doesnt suit you i got my ban and that is that like!!!

well if you actually read my the quote i was replying to then it would make perfect sense and it would be worthwhile please explain what makes a worth while comment to your obviously surpeior football brain!!
    well since your that much of an GOD let me make my VALID point again

kif siad that it looks like the top premiership teams dont have that great youth teams coming out since young and understrength teams from both the pool and utd were beaten and beaten well

however arsenal palyed a very much weakend side against wolves (nine first team members in the wolves team) and they beat them 5-1
    so what does that say about arsenal's youth team??

well it says there not bad at all, not saying that there world beaters but there is a good crop of youngsters coming through there and the same cant really be said for the pool and very surprisingly utd
    it is only one match though

ok viera, kanu and wiltord played for the arsenal but wiltord and kanu arent exactly arsenal's best players and the match was more of a fitness test for viera who as out injured for the last 2-3 months
    werent there two 16 year olds playing for arsenal??
    and didnt one of them score against premiership opponents?

people should give credit where credit is due!
    well done to west brom they def desserved it. they will give the arse youngsters a much stiffer test than wolves imo

then again it is the carling cup and how cares??!!(besides those youth players of course)

ps
    jtg lay off the snide comments will ya it doesnt suit you i got my ban and that is that like!!!

What relevence does your post have about Arsenal beating Wolves? Kif made the point that United got knocked out too and the reason for it was the second string squad that was playing.

You then make a smarmy, absolutely irrelevent point that Arsenal can beat Wolves with a second string squad. I personally couldnt give a rats ****ing arse whether or not they can or can't. Nor does any other Liverpool supporter here, and dare I say a Bolton supporter here, if there are any. Not only do you not leave it at that, but you then continue to rabbit on about some Arsenal players that played that day instead of just shutting up. Go find some Arsenal thread to go spout your bull **** on.

What relevence does your post have about Arsenal beating Wolves?

my post IS about aresnal beating wolves!!:confused:
    Kif made the point that United got knocked out too and the reason for it was the second string squad that was playing

yea true but he also siad that the top premiership teams dont have a good crop of youngsters. didnt he??oh sorry you left it out becuase that would make sense of my point now wouldnt it!!:rolleyes:
    You then make a smarmy, absolutely irrelevent point that Arsenal can beat Wolves with a second string squad

why is it irrelivant??
    ITS a FACT get it?? (jealousy i think!!)
    I personally couldnt give a rate ****ing arse whether or not they can or can't. Nor does any other Liverpool supporter here, and dare I say a Bolton supporter here, if there are any

i respect your opinion but its a bit rich for you to make a big sweeping comment like that. who knows, maybe they dont give a ****e?? or maybe one or two cares (if the shoe was on the other foot then they would care wouldnt they)

bit rich of you too saying what bolton supporters think!!(oh sorry u are GOD so u know everything!)
    arsenal might even meet them in the semi's!
    Not only do you not leave it at that, but you then continue to rabbit on about some Arsenal players that played that day instead of just shutting up. Go find some Arsenal thread to go spout your bull **** on

well im entitled to my opinion like anybody else and this is a football thread isnt it??
    utd were mentioned werent they??
    and what im saying is fact, im not picking fights here just defending my corner

seems to me like you need to find yourself some new method of stress relief!!

i suggest oragami http://www.origami.com/ :)
    does wonders for the brain stress wise!!

ps no need to get so ratty with me
    if everyone kept to thier own then it would be a boring world wouldnt it
    and were talking about the ****e carling cup here which you take so personally

as regards liverpool well its the first time i saw GH giving out about the performance of his team yesterday! thought he was going to rattle of his usual excuses of bad ref, injuries, not getting the breaks etc,

but he actually said the team performed badly and didnt deserve the win
    i wonder will we hear much more of the same from him in the league

See this is my point. Both those posts have had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. The majority of the thread is now dominated by you mumbling about some game between Arsenal and Wolves. The next lump of on your reply is you referring to a typo of mine..

Me:
    What relevence does your post have about Arsenal beating Wolves?
    You:
    my post IS about aresnal beating wolves!!

To this:
    You then make a smarmy, absolutely irrelevent point that Arsenal can beat Wolves with a second string squad
    You reply with:
    ITS a FACT get it?? (jealousy i think!!)

The next bit you post is this:
    well im entitled to my opinion like anybody else and this is a football thread isnt it??
    I am not questioning your entitlement to post or to have an opinion. What I am questioning it the relevence of it to this topic.

You post this:
    and what im saying is fact, im not picking fights here just defending my corner
    seems to me like you need to find yourself some new method of stress relief!!
    i suggest oragami http://www.origami.com/
    does wonders for the brain stress wise!!

You say you are not picking a fight yet you drop two silly sarcastic remarks in.. vbery conflicting really...

Then to this:

as regards liverpool well its the first time i saw GH giving out about the performance of his team yesterday! thought he was going to rattle of his usual excuses of bad ref, injuries, not getting the breaks etc,

but he actually said the team performed badly and didnt deserve the win
    i wonder will we hear much more of the same from him in the league

5 lines of the the 50 odd line post actually refers to the topic. At a quick gland, no lines from your first post actually refers to Liverpool or Bolton...

This is why I think you are a fool!!

The only relevent thing you posted is correct however. Its time for GH to stop defending his players when they dont deserve to be defended. Salif Diao gave away a free kick and a penalty, both of which resulted in goal, which is not acceptable. However you cant put the blame all on him, he is lacking match practise and was playing out of position.

Apologies in advance, doubt i will be able to after I get banned....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jank, JTG that is enough.

I wouldn't ban you for that post, you made your points clearly, just as Jank did but this is not the topic at hand guys, pm each other if ye have a problem to sort out.

BTW Liverpool deserved to lose, arrogance is what cost them a place in the next round of the Carling cup. Fielding a team that they thought could beat Bolton who are a decent premiership side, I know there was some resting involved but at the same time there were a few more experienced players who may have had a better contribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well it is worth a place in the UEFA cup so every team bar United, Chelsea and Arsenal should care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Strange that, I thought England had four places in CL ;)

Advertisement