Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2006 Qualifying Seedings

• 03-12-2003 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Pot A:
    France, Portugal, Sweden, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, England, Turkey

Pot B:
    Holland, Croatia, Belgium, Denmark, Russia, Ireland, Slovenia, Poland

Pot C:
    Bulgaria, Romania, Scotland, Serbia & Montenegro, Switzerland, Greece, Slovakia, Austria

Pot D:
    Ukraine, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Israel, Bosnia, Latvia, Wales

Pot E:
    Hungary, Georgia, Belarus, Cyprus, Estonia, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Macedonia

Pot F:
    Albania, Armenia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Faroes, Malta, San Marino, Liechtenstein

Pot G:
    Andorra, Luxembourg, Kazakhstan

What do ye think?
    Draw on Friday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I spent a minute looking for Germany! :ninja:

Its a correct reflection on form, except for Northern Ireland who are at least 1 group too high.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

possible to get
    England
    Ireland
    Scoland
    Wales
    NI

how cool wud that be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This was already talked about in detail in this. The official seedings were released today by Uefa but they were already known a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Don't like the look of pot D, some good sides in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Turkey
    Ireland
    Austria
    Bosnia
    Cyprus
    San Marino

Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

i was surprised to see ireland that far up. with the swiss below us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

If you look at the World Rankings on FIFA.com Ireland are ranked 15th in the World and Switzerland are a measly 43rd. They would be so easy if we ever played them since we are almost 3 times as good as them! Err...

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Turkey
    Ireland
    Austria
    Bosnia
    Cyprus
    San Marino

Please.
    If England were 3rd seed I would still want to get them. I think we would (easily) beat England at both home and away. I really wouldn't fancy going over to Turkey either.

Kerr said he wouldn't like a 7 team group because they would probably have to start in June but I would love a 7 team group. It gives Robbie two easy games to beat Quinn's record although I wouldn't fancy going to Kazakhstan.

Getting England would do my day as we would be favourites to win the group in my honset opinion (but not the Brits opinion) and it would just be a great day at Croker too.
    :)

Originally posted by uberwolf
    i was surprised to see ireland that far up. with the swiss below us...
    If you look at the World Rankings on FIFA.com Ireland are ranked 15th in the World and Switzerland are a measly 43rd. They would be so easy if we ever played them since we are almost 3 times as good as them! Err...
    The seedings are not done by the rankings they are done by how well a country has played in the last few qualifying campaigns, Euro Champs and World Cup. The seedings were done with the same teams for the Euro Champs qualifiers and we were top seeds, it just shows how bad we played in the qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    If England were 3rd seed I would still want to get them. I think we would (easily) beat England at both home and away.
    Getting England would do my day as we would be favourites to win the group in my honset opinion (but not the Brits opinion) and it would just be a great day at Croker too.
    :)

LOL! eirebhoy by name eirebhoy by nature!

England would have to be having a bad day to get beat by the current Irish team...

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement