Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTD sign Dong Fangzhuo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Does anyone know if he is a decent player or not?

I would be more inclined to believe they bought him as a way to break into the Chinese market and a way dramatically increase shirt sales. In a similar way to the way Beckham was signed by Real and the way alot of people are surprised he is actually getting his place consistently. Doubt this fella is going to do much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Watched beckham last night, not for the first time. He is playing very well.. I think anyone would play well witht eh players he has around him but he appears to be doing the business all the same. Real won 2-0 incidently, Cant see past real for the champions league...There defence might not be as strong as others but they make up for it with attack. Great to watch, Raul and ronaldo could have been 8-0 the chances they had...

anyway back to the point, I think Dong would have played against west brom....says there that they've brokered a deal to interchange players with that club too, spose its good for business good for football too...oh yeah dont think that beckham was bought only to break the asian market altho i do believe there was a strong element of that in the deal

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sorry, but i just have to regress to childhood for a minute......

Dong!

lol :)

(beats Nwanku any day :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Apparantly there is a clause in Fangzhuo's contract that he has to play every game otherwise Vodafone will pull out of their sponsorship deal. ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

Looks like he has been purchased purely for commercial reasons.
    He isnt even a regular in the Dalian Shide First Team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd doubt if he'll even make the bench yet. Jonathan Greening was bought for £1 million and the same happened to him. Give him two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i know nothing about him only that fegie was impressed by his trial. unless some of you are chinese i doubt anyone knows anything about him!

fergie isnt stupid, he wont buy a player if he's not gonna be part of the squad and just a marketing ploy. a few clubs were after him seemingly, must have some sort of ability.

Originally posted by smemon
    i

fergie isnt stupid, he wont buy a player if he's not gonna be part of the squad and just a marketing ploy.

Um, i would have thought that would be the clever thing to do (a la Inamoto)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah you could look at it that way but believe me, fergie himself wouldnt sign and praise a player he thinks isnt manu standard.

fergie doesnt care about the marketing or images, all he wants is a good squad capable of winning things. also, if he turns out to be a flop, there is that plus of having millions of chinese on your side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

Apparantly there is a clause in Fangzhuo's contract that he has to play every game otherwise Vodafone will pull out of their sponsorship deal
    a la dream team;) ;)
    I'd say he has some potential and fergie will try to make a good player out of him and even if he turns out to he rubbish they can play him on their far east tours and sell an extra few hundread thousand shirts with his name on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

is he any good i never heard of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazzybastard

Who cares i certainly dont United are ****e
    Come on LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    is he any good i never heard of him

Who cares, he has a comedy name :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Nike_Dude
    a la dream team;) ;)
    Bah, I was going to say that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

now all we need is a fake broken thumb incident and then he breaks his thumb for real but still plays:p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by crazzybastard
    Who cares i certainly dont United are ****e
    Come on LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Model fan... Children should look up to you.

:rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Look across to more like.

Advertisement