Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dipped lights

Options
  • 04-12-2003 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

part of the nct is a dipped lights height check,this worked great for a while, but lately nearly 1 in every 10 cars is blinding me, anyone know if they relaxed the standards??

also there's a good few people about with only 1 dip light ( i see about 2 a day ), its not to bad if its the drivers side,lethal on the passenger side

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I have to agree with you 100%. I'm also being blinded by cars with one headlight and those dips. Mine seem rubbish and everyone else seem to be as strong as full beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Is it just me, or are the Guards totally relaxed about the whole lights thing.

I've stopped people in the past to say 'your brake light is broken' only to have them say 'oh, I know...I must get that fixed' like sometime this year will do.

Surely at this time of year the guards should be jumping all over;

Badly adjusted headlights,
    Fog lights in perfect visibility
    White lights to the rear (broken lens)
    Missing brake lights

I'd be less annoyed about the tax roadblocks then. They can check that then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

Earlier this year I got a fail advisory ( would now be a fail ) because my dipped beam was to low.

I pointed out that this was because I had nothing in the boot ( as the NCT people ask ) except spare wheel and that if I got them adjusted to pass then when I replaced my normal collection of rubbish that lives in the boot ( tool kit, spares, test equipment, manuals, PPE gear etc ) then the lights would be 'up in the sky'

I guess that since it is no longer just an advisory fail I should by rights be going around blinding other drivers too :rolleyes: .

An T

Advertisement