Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who said bit torrent was fast?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

ok i must have a totally different program to you guys. the shadows one is called burst isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Shadows Experimental is at bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ ....dunno if this link is allowed ...it is not actually warez ... just facilitates it:eek:

[edit]yikes .... wrong link ...its actually bt.degreez.net/ [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://www.bt.degreez.net/

That's the real shad0ws one.
    I'm still using an old version.
    If you can't lower the upload in that use the java one.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Azureus is the poodles noodles as far as managability goes, configuration, stopping (pausing) torrents, resuming etc. But by Jaysus is it a system hog, I have to exit from it if I want to do anything more demanding than a game of solitaire on what is by no means a slow system.
    Do any of the other clients support resuming as easily as Azureus?

But most importantly, if you are trying to d/l a file with few seeders and many peers your speeds will suck balls.

I was converted not for speed but for reliability, after d/ling christ knows how many virus infected and fake files from Kazaa. Sure your search on Kazaa will throw up hundreds of results with seemingly unlimited bandwidth but after a few times spending hours d/ling a 700mb divx only to find it's nowt but a black screen, a night or two left running to get the actual file you are looking for seems reasonable.

I did think it was painfully slow myself when I started with it but with some torrents I have seen upwards of 80KB/s, more than the theoretical max of my 600 Kb/s NTL service.

And for christ's sake....SHARE! Leave it running until your ratio is at least 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Just get Diet Kazaa and get the file you are looking for without the 10KB/s chain and ball that BT turns out to be :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I love bittorrent... downloading at 83K right now...

Bittorrent is good if there are enough peers/seeds around. If you have like 2 peers and 1 seed... then it will be slow... if there's 100 peers and 10 seeds, it will go about as fast as it can...

Kazaa is the biggest pile of crap around right now.. in regards to P2P apps anyways...
    The most amusing thing about kazaa is kazaa gold.. they wanna sell an app that you can use to pirate apps.. I mean .. the person that came up with that idea cannot have many braincells left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by milltown

Do any of the other clients support resuming as easily as Azureus?

Shad0ws client does but it's a multi window program unlike Azureus which will only have one window.
    Link posted above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

bit-torrent is class.
    If you are unable to forward ports please logoff, break the cord, headbut the monitor and cut off your fingers with a secateurs. You are not deserving of bandwidth or netaccess.

gss tbh

Advertisement