Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been Disconnected every night

• 04-12-2003 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am on Wellington Rd Exchange, using Eircoms Enhanced package.

Connection has been going down between 1am & 5am for 10-30mins every night since last Thursday Night.

Anyone else having this problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Crown Alley exchange, i-Stream Multi package. Haven't had quite the same problems as yourself, but I have experienced significantly more disruption in the past two weeks or so. Several times it has disconnected me around 2am. This morning I woke up to a different problem. Modem is sync'd but I get a timeout waiting for PADO (PPPOE session offer). This is a new one on me. Haven't had the time to raise the issue with Eircom support yet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Yah, happened to me on netsource last night too. Odd indeed, modem is synced but you cannot connect to the ppoe server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

They're upgrading the DSLAMs in Cork at the moment.

Regards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

What does that involve and will it have any benefit for the average joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Manually migrating the ports. Ironically enough, the benefit is supposed to be less down-time.

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Hey,

I have noticed intermittent disconnections on the Nutley exchange. Would this be related to what is being discussed above (i.e. Upgrade of DSLAM's / ASAM's)?

Thanks,

Serb

Advertisement