Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWGalaxies

• 04-12-2003 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Is it worth getting? Seems to be real difference of opinoins? few questions...

Can you only master one class per character?

If this is so easy, how come not more Jedi?

What about Monthly storylines?

When you have mastered your class is it not still fun improving you equipment?

Player v Player.. is there anything to this to enchance gameplay?

Got poor early reviews but appears to have dramatically improved since outset?

So, as i said... worth getting? I suppose you will know after the first month before you start paying...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Can you only master one class per character?
    Each character have 250 points to distribute as they like as they progess in the different professions. Some professions take less points to master or cross over with other professions, so its possible to master 2 or more professions, some professions like master bounty hunter suck up most of your points, so you can't master another profession. You'll find a character builder here. Also you can have only 1 character per server, unless you unlock a force sensitive slot...
    Supposedly there are a few different ways to unlock a force sensitive character slot and start a jedi character. The one players know about involves locating difficult to find items called holocrons in game, this tells the character a profession to master, once mastered the character uses another holocron to master another profession and so on until the holocron remains silent, then the force sensitive slot is usually unlocked, hence very few jedis in game.
    There is an ongoing storyline in game which players can get involved in to a limited extent, see the SWG website.
    Thats the big stumbling block for many ppl when they have leveled up, not enough content to maintain interest. The game certainly needs more "dungeons" & high level items to keep the high level people interested. These will come with time.
    If youre overt rebel or imperial faction you can have at overt members of the opposing faction.
    I believe SWG has the potential to be the best MMORPG around, its up to SOE not to drop the ball. Player run cities and rideable mounts have been introduced recently and land vehicles should be in game by mid December.
    So, as i said... worth getting? I suppose you will know after the first month before you start paying...
    I'd say its just about worth getting :D
    Check previous posts on this forum and the game forum, plenty of people playing it have opinions on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try and get a US copy of the game, not local.

Mainly because the game will be cheaper and the monthly fees are cheaper too.

Although knowing Lucas I am sure he will put a stop to that to milk european players more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Getting your FS slot unlocked is very time consuming. As has been posted, you need to master certain class's to unlock your FS slot. The combination is unique to every character and is created when you create your character. You can use 2 holocrons to be led part of the way there, but after those to hints you will need to randomly master other class's untill it open's up. This can be quick or very slow depending on your luck. Holocrons are also very rare drops of some very hard mobs. I was easly able to seel the 2 I got for 3 million credits each.

quote:
    The monthly story is very lame. Kill certain mobs that will sometimes drop a disk. Get all 4 disks, combine them and hand them to a npc to get your badge. There is very little interaction between npc and yourself. Seeing as how the Rebels outnumber the Imperials 3-1 on most servers, the Rebels always win the monthly stories.

These monthly stories are the most basic quests Iv ever seen in a MMORPG and are the same format for all SWG quests. Get mission, kill mob and get the reward. They are normaly bugged to hell as well for a lot of players.

The reward you get is nothing more than a line of text on your character's profile like "So and so has help a Rebel Doctor".

quote:
    By the time you master a profession you will have good equipment. Credits are soooooo easy to get in SWG and while there are lots and lots of items, most are rubbish so everyone uses the same armor and 2-3 weapon types. This results in everyone running around in comp armor welding a scatter/FW5 gun. Leveling up is also very very quick and along with the 0 content in the game, never mind higher level content, there is bugger all to do when you finish you character.

quote:

If you like gangbanging or being gangbanged in PvP you may enjoy it. Seeing as how most of the skills in the game are broken, everyone is using the same skills. Also the golden templete for PvP is Pistoleer with the BH pistol line.

quote:
    It a very poor game that should still be in beta testing. Most professions are not working properly not to mention unbalanced. There is nothing to do at higher levels and you will level very quickly. The quests are dull and uninspired and nothing more than go to point A and kill a mob, you dont even have to return to the npc for most of them. Mounts while nice, dont add anything to the game as you can spend hours traveling on a planet and see no mobs. The atmosphere is just wrong. While it looks like Star Wars, it dosent feel like Star Wars. The graphic are awsome tho and it will look very pretty if you have a kick ass PC.

quote:

As a major Star Wars fan and MMORPG addict I though it was a very poor game. It could have been a blinder of a game but it got lost along the way. To much not working and zero content = painful game to play. The main problem is the original dev team got pulled off SWG to go work on EQ2 and the current dev team are a pack of clueless gits would wouldnt know fun if it kicked them in the ass, these gimps make star wars dull ffs. I would say this is just EQ in space but EQ is a good working game, with great quests and an insane amount of content.

I cancelled my account after a month due to doing everything in the game I could and getting all the best items in the game. I really wanted this game to be good but its just a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Ok guys, who is actually playing the game? and what server are you on? and what version American or Euopean?

I am buying a copy tomorrow morning and I will be on the European server. 1st of all cause I know 2 friends that will be playing it (Meglome is one of them, he is going to be an architect and a politition) and that cause its only just started I have a better chance of not being swamped by the bigger guys.

I am gonna go for a bounty hunter for the moment.

If anyone if playing say so and we can all get together. I cant remember the name of the server that I will be on but there are 2 servers that have the word european in them and its not "fallstar", its the other one.
    I might be playing tonight for a bit with a friends acc. I have been playing that way and decided that I wanted to play with my own account. The player name is Minik, wookie. Lotta fun.

Hope we all band together and get big and strong

Advertisement