Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to eircom.net via mobile

• 04-12-2003 3:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties connecting to eircom net (1891150150) using their mobiles ?

I'm using a 6310i (2 of them) and 2 laptops running w2k. The call is established but authentication etc never happens and eventually the whole thing ties out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

You really need to use your mobile providers ISP, it will be faster anyway, what network are you on?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm on Vodafone.. the problem is that it does work some of the time :-( I use ConnectME (from Vodafone) on my own laptop however we need to use a dial-up-networking connection in order (rather than a nifty re-package of it) in order for Lotus to bring up the connection and thence connect through our firewall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Get the vodafone data team to turn on HSCSD (1850287000) get the latest nokia modem drivers, once they are installed go into the control panel into the nokia modem applet and set the modem speed to max and the call type to ISDN v110. Then setup a new dial up connection to number +353876202222 username vodafone and password vodafone. You should be able to connect at about 38.4, and it's more than fast enough for basic lotus notes stuff. It works very well and is cheaper than calling on off network number.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks.. I'll try that

Advertisement