Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 first impressions (full version)

Options
  • 08-12-1999 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Yep, it's pretty cool, runs sweet too.

Dunno what I prefer now, have to play more Q3 to find out what I like but its very fukin close (bots are good too, and the models are fukin mad). I'm torn between the 2 now, an I won't play emm both because lets face it, if ya wanna stand a chance of bein the best in a game u have to stick to that game an show it that u love it, jus like makin love to a beutiful woman.

I'll update u civilians tomorrow, sleep well.

juNk san

P.S. I'm not tellin u ppl what u should play I'm jus passin my judgement down on top of u all, nothin wrong with that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

But Dave what would u know about makin love to a women wink.gif. As for Q3 I'll c u tonight, are the maps as good as they look?

turn yr ****in mobile on ya gimp

[This message has been edited by shank (edited 08-12-1999).]

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Bah, I'm not turnin on that fukin thing ever again, the bill was over £100 and the fukin owl dear knows me number so fuk that like.

Yeah I'll burn ya a copy like but I'll be up in the girlfreinds till about 10, but sure ya prolly won't be over till around 10.30 so das ok. The maps look **** cool btw, there's one in there which I swear they ripped off a starship warp core (yes I'm a muppet for noticing) but yeah overall it looks beutiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The shiny metallic surfaces are very nice indeed.... I was drooling over the one you fight Anarki on, which has a large metallic building in the middle...

Though, I have to say that the models don't look half as good as they did in the screenshots... Onscreen they look angular and badly animated.

I'm not impressed with the level design. With how they look - wow, nothing touches that (altho Q3 still can't do either interesting skies or big outdoor bits so well) - but the actual design of them from a gameplay point of view is pants, imho. In Q1 and Q2 id just designed levels around an idea, and let the gamers adapt them for whatever use they wanted - duels, wars, CA, ffa.... Whereas here, they've tried to create maps for specific purposes and I'm not convinced that it's worked so well.

The weapons.... I actually like the shotgun a lot. It doesn't have the same solid feel as the mother-of-all-shotguns in Quake2, but it's a good weapon nonetheless. The railgun is sweet too.

I don't like the rocket launcher much - I've never been much into these arguments over slowness, but I do see what people are on about now - it is VERY slow and not powerful enough. The grenade launcher reminds me a little of the Kingpin one, only worse - it's spammy, inaccurate and not much good for anything, really. I like the plasma cannon lots though, and I'll have to play more with the BFG before making my mind up... I don't think much of it at the moment, but it might grow on me...

Bots... bots are ok. I still consider UTs bots to be better, but the Q3 ones are a bit of a laugh, I guess - decent to practise against.

The need to use a CD key and WON authenticication is a pain - that could kill a lot of the game's online following, imo. It certainly didn't do Half-Life any favours...

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I've never had any problem with the WON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

WON refused my (100% valid legal and paid for) Half Life cd key about 50% of the time for months, then I gave up on the effing thing and went off to play something which was less hassle.

Also, it means that all those people who warez these games won't be able to play (it insists that you have the CD in the drive to play as well). This may seem like an advantage to their sales figures... But it may well mean a lot less people playing online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jackle

juNkie your sad

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Jackle your only a boll!x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Just played UT full and Q3A full and it was all very boring. Just Doom all over again. You may aswell play QW or Q2 or whatever. Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Maybe some one was using your key smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

q3a, being the game that it is, will be bought if it can't be warezed, which is no bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Jus a point for ya Junk lad, u only get charged for calls u make smile.gif, also enable caller id so u don have to answer the ol wan's calls.

did I tell ya I got an AT case instead of ATX and it was a value "live" so he's knockin off 30 bills as I can't be arsed with the gold anyway. I'll be pickin them up tonight so I should be swingin by yr place @ 10.30 r so with a boot full of hardware smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I must say I like it, it looks good, although I take the point that they re-use the good parts a lot.

One thing that annoys me tho, is it just me or is anyone disapointed that they do not have even one new weapon in it. With all the top people in ID with their amazing track record the do not have even one new weapon, only re-hashed old ones.

Besides that I like it, the shotgun and the lightning gun rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!! sunglasses.gif
    Each of the games has their own little subtleties that makes each playing experience unique. If you think that they are all the same then you're either very cynical or you just dont play them enough (or you don't like FPSs but that one's impossible sunglasses.gif). Well I supppose we're all entitled to our opinions. Man i really hate article 19 sunglasses.gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

q3...

The levels r a joke, man they are pure ****, u try playing som1 who is nearly good, and they can control the levels far TOO easy, this should not happen with the game that has just come out....
    Looks to much like thay have rushed this game for christmas.

The weapons?... man they are all far to strong, machineGu and the SG , grrrr
    SG is better then RL ffs....
    If u think im wrong, play this on lan with ppl who are any good, they will own yuo every time with SG no mater what u got.

We been playing it here on lan for days now, and the levels r a waste of time...

q3 at the moment is ****!

maybe q3world?

cetainly som mods are needed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

shotgun and plasmagun are too powerful in q3, and the grenades are gay.. you dont need to bounce grenades on people anymore, theyre like nuclear bombs now

bfg is gay , shaft is good, railgun is good, rocketlauncher is alright, but overall there are just too many weapons, someone who is good on one map will be really **** on another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

haha ffs you all sound like this ****ing game was made for ppl like you.
    it wasnt.
    this game was made to appeal to the general public... those who want to play a good game possibly on the internet possibly on lan.
    stop talking ****.
    the velocity of this particle is crap
    the angles on the teleporter are all wrong.
    full of it.
    just play the goddamn game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

silly argument of the year no1
    all the weapons are too powerfull, therefore one person can control the level too easily.

true, if you'd only 2 powerfull weapons it would be much much harder like. Or would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

"all the weapons are too powerfull, therefore one person can control the level too easily"

ehh who says that, and where?
    what are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

worzelgummadge.gif
    Hang on 'till I puts' me fightin' head on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Enough Talk.

Play the game.
    Put your money where your mouths are.
    You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
    Whos your daddy?
    and finally, Talk is cheap! play the fvcking game and shut up about it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement