Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fix this problem?

• 04-12-2003 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i downloaded AC3(5.1 channels) encoded movie, i have only 2 speakers, and when i watch the movie, the action scenes are always quite they like fade away, i'm losing the sound, how to fix it?

i thought maybe to convert AC3 to mp3/128 but will it combine all the channels into 2 or cut throw the other 3 away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

buy 5.1 speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol good solution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i think that "matrix mixer" that comes with the k-llite codec pack is capable of downmixing 5.1 to 2 speaker... not 100% sure though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think Matrix Mixer is for playing stereo sound on 5.1 speakers, I might be wrong though.

AC3Filter (which you probably already have) can be set to output to 2 speakers instead of 5.1

http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

plazz thanks mate! it was AC3Filter that was a problem!

• Advertisement
Advertisement