Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banner ad tracking

Options
  • 04-12-2003 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I am looking for an easy way of setting up a banner/link on another site and identifying any users that come onto my site via one of those links. Is there a quick and dirty solution that can be used?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Depends on what's running on the server. If PHP is available, fire a copy of phpAdsNew (Google) onto it and send the other site the ad code, then you'll be able to check your stats from phpAdsNew. Rock solid app, Boards is running it above and Thomas Crosbie Media runs it for their entire network of websites. Seems like overkill for just one ad, but it's easy to install and what's the point in p*ssing about with your own code when professionals have already written it?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bailey

thanks for that I will give it a shot

Advertisement