Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Mail Encryption experts out there

• 04-12-2003 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi ,

I'm using a verisign digital ID for encrypting mails I send from outlook to various other email clients ,lotus notes ,earlier versions of outlook and different versions of browsers etc. I want to ensure I am getting at least 128 bit encryption levels. This is where I am confused and Verisign are not much help here.

Verisign cert is 40 bit but will employ higher encryption if your software supports it ie for example 128 bit cipher strength on your browser. What I am trying to fing out is what do I need to do to ensure 128 bit min encryption strength both on incoming and outgoing mails. Is it sufficient to have the browser at 128 bit or do I need to increase cipher strength on Outlook as well and do the people I exchange mail with have to do the same? And what if they are using a differnet mail client such as Lotus Notes. They would also have verisign class 1 digital IDs

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

Advertisement