Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X-2: first Impressions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well it has been shipped already by DHL. so i could have it by next week. I'm off all next week so i'll be giving it a good go.

Gamespot said that it takes longer to get into this then any other Final Fantasy RPG but that its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

maybe thats my problem, i've been taking a look at the guide anyway it looks interesting, pity i don't have much free time at the moment though ah well

Well it sounds good doing quests to unlock jobs like ninja. but to do most quests you need a group of people.

Unfortunity you can chose which server you log onto. But you can buy a World pass which allows a friend to join you in a server.

I think the server idea is actually good because it keeps them equally full rather then some of the empty servers on EQ.

I had to use the american servers to find anyone. Luckly enough the american dudes i found were sound and gave me weapons and helped get my exp up.

Hopefully i'll experience the same with FFXI.

earning gil also isn't as easy as other games, its gotten mainly from quests as monsters don't have gil on them so to speak. also the battles arent' like previously i found with my warrior or red mage that i'm kinda just stand there and it hits automatically

Well i'm gonna try level up my guy as fast as i can before they bring in PVP. I've heard of player killers in other MMORPG. Can't remember wat the name for them is in UO.

I'm not having some 13 year old yank kill me for GIL.

• Advertisement

PVP?

player killers what like people, killing other people?

Yeah,

apparently in other MMORPG's they can kill your character and steal your items. You character can be reborn as it would if an creature killed it.

I remember playing UO for a bit and a lad i know on msn was showing me around. He said that if you were a killer, then you weren't allowed into the city walls or something.

If anyone knows anymore on this type of thing, please post as i'm repeating secondhand info.

well i read something in the book last night that its not looked well upon if you kill your party members, if a spell if area of effect for example i think it can hit your allies also. i suppose it stands to reason that people can attack each other then???

Is the guide book any good? Worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

does anyone know if the jap version of ff xi will work on a chipped european ps2? if it does there might be hope for me once the us version ships in march as i managed a huge 1400 on the benchmark on my computer.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by clownboy
    Is the guide book any good? Worth buying?

i'll get back to you on that, its not a walkthrough so much as an actual guide book though because of the nature of the game, so it doesn't seem to have a secrets section like the other ones but it still seems good

discostu i think 1400 is still playable

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    does anyone know if the jap version of ff xi will work on a chipped european ps2? if it does there might be hope for me once the us version ships in march as i managed a huge 1400 on the benchmark on my computer.

Its not gonna be cheap importing this from america. It has a *suggested* retail price of $100. Mainly because it comes with the hard drive which has FFXI's files installed on it.

I'd say it work, as many people in britian were playing the us version of SOCOM on ps2 online before the european version was lanuched.

Advertisement