Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a "~" file?

• 04-12-2003 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

i found this on my desktop today. Any ideas? scanned with norton not a virus..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Could be a temporary file. After a proggie used it forgot to delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

i was using outlook at the time. setting up a new account... Nothing to worry about then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Not really, just use the hard drive cleanup on the c drive and that'll get rid of all the useless temp files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

scanned with norton not a virus..

You know you can send files via Norton Antivirus?
    Quarantine the file by going into the quarantine console (should be in the shortcuts in the startmenu).
    Add the file to quarantine, hit submit item, and then they will analyze the file for you and send you a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Henry_14
    i found this on my desktop today. Any ideas? scanned with norton not a virus..

You have InCD, or any other packet writing software installed?

I've noticed the same, and I think it has something to do with CDRW writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just read your second post, stupid me...;)

Advertisement