Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook

Options
  • 04-12-2003 8:35pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I seem to be having trouble trying to send Attachments with my emails. I can send them to myself but not to others. If I send useing outlook expess there is no problem. It may just be the way I have outlook set up but I'm not so sure

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have you tried with difference size attachments? What actually happens when you try to send, do you get an error straight away or does it bounce?

adam

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have tried all size of attachments but still no joy. The message does actually go to the whoever it is sent to but there is no attachment with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Leonard
    The message does actually go to the whoever it is sent to but there is no attachment with it.
    What kind of files are you trying to send? If they're using Outlook 2002 or 03 and you're sending any one of a variety of attchments (including exe files) they'll be blocked.

i am using microsoft office 2000 and mainly the files i am trying to attach are word files and occasionally hex files and jpegs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

do you use wordmail - ie is word your mail editor if so turn it off 'cos this used to screw up attachement in '97

If you are going through a corporate server they may be blocking the attachments at teh server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Originally posted by Leonard
    i am using microsoft office 2000 and mainly the files i am trying to attach are word files and occasionally hex files and jpegs
    That used to happen in my work with Outlook 2000.
    Try renaming the attachment before you mail it, eg. thing.doc to thing.do_. The recipient can just change it back after they get it.
    That worked for me.

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    do you use wordmail - ie is word your mail editor if so turn it off 'cos this used to screw up attachement in '97

If you are going through a corporate server they may be blocking the attachments at teh server.

No I am not using Word as my email editor, and I am not on a server or anything like that. Now the strange thing is if I set up outlook express to handle my mail I have no problems sending attachments.

@quaalude

I have tried as you suggested but still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Download this and use a real e-mail client, Outlook:rolleyes:.
    :D

(One guy uses Outlook at work. I keep getting short notes about the length of my text here - the message reaches my inbox at 13kb in size ffs! Talk about junkmail - the amount of crappy useless formatting code that the thing adds is ridiculous!)

It is what it's.

Well MS are experts at this all you afto to do is open Frontpage and you have a 2Mb HTM file (Joking!!!:D, not far from reality though )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

OK, try this.

http://www.mrhtech.com/Software/OutlookPermissions.asp

Download Outlook Permissions Addin (you need to register).
    It's free and it works - I remember using it a while ago.

Hopefully it'll sort you out! Good luck!

q

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by oneweb
    the message reaches my inbox at 13kb in size ffs!

you nerd :rolleyes:

you nerd

Bandwitdth, for me anyway, is not free the less is used up on rubbish formating and crap the better.

Advertisement