Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepage problem

Options
  • 04-12-2003 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I'm sure someone can answer this really quickly -

Recently my homepage has been set to fastsearch.com somehow ?? I always use google. When i go into internet options and change the homepage back to google, everything is fine until i log back in, say the next day and its back to fastsearch. Fastsearch has somehow been set as my default homepage.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sounds like you've got some spyware on your machine (actually it's probably a single registry key that's been changed)

Grab adaware from the download page on this site and let it sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Spyware has been installed on your PeeCee scan and clean(download) and this aswell, once you have cleaned up your comp....stop using IE as your browser and get Firebird a real browser!!!. Dont go near IE with a 20000Meter clown pole :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I agree, use Firebird.

But this happened my friend too with IE, and it still hadn't fixed after using AdAware.

If you are still having problems, run regedit, and do a search for fastsearch.com

Everywhere it finds it, change it to google.com or whatever. (then reboot)

Yes well when I originally pressed the reply button there had been no reply yet ( sceptre you stole my reply!!!:D ), there is no need to get the second link just get the first and I STRONGLY recommened the third, just get it and go to a web page and then press Ctrl + T....its brill :D.

Well if all that doesn't work get HiJack this at the top of this page.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Get Ad-Aware from Lavasoft (Google it).
    It's free and will get rid or all adware/spyware etc on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Cheers for the replies lads. I've tried all of the above but its still hasn't changed for me.

For some reason when i do what you have said and re-boot straight away - then everything is fine, google is my home page. But when i turn my pc on the next day its gone back to fastsearch.

This is the address that my pc has as default homepage - http://%69%6e%2e%77%65%62%63%6f%75%6e%74%65%72%2e%63%63/%2d/?%79%64%74%66%73 which then goes to fastsearch.com. I've searched this address in the registry and changed all of the results to google but it still hasn't worked.

Any more ideas ?

Thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

im in firbird atm, so this might be a bit sketchy

IE > Tools > Options > last tab on the left i think, and disable third party stuff

And for gawds sake, use mozilla

get it here : http://seb.mozdev.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I had a similiar problem with my browser not so long ago...

downloaded CWShredder - > here

it worked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Check your startup processes for any out of ordinary ones such as redirect.
    Use Hijackthis as your source for any dodgy files (dll\asp..etc) on your pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Cheers for all the replies Lads ! CWShredder seems to have sorted it, Thanks Johnny_the_fox [:)]

Advertisement