Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE not starting maximised

Options
  • 05-12-2003 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there is a way to make IE open in maximised view. When I open my first browser it opens maximised, but when I open subsequent browsers they don't open maximised. Is there a way to force them all to open maximised ? A minor issue I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Hi PhoenixRising, it appears that your shortcut for IE got modified somehow.

Right click on the shortcut that you're using to launch IE
    Select Properties
    On the Shortcut tab, in the Run dropdown list, select Normal.
    This will force IE to remember the last state the window was in, and start in that state (minimised, maximised, or restoreDown mode.)

Alternatively, you can selext to start IE maximised from this dropdown list also.

Hope this helps,

Colm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Thanks again Colm. Worked like a charm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Or alternatively Download this optimised version of Firebird which is self-extracting and plain kicks IE ass around the contryside:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Christ man, yer like a walking talking, posting advertisement

Yes i Love Firebird:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I love Myie2, but ya dont hear me bitching about it.

Bitching?

Myie2? You can support an underdog but IE!...I dont think it needs any more support:rolleyes:.

Advertisement