Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPV's being dropped in UK and Oz

• 05-12-2003 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Yep folks is true I'm afraid.
    NWA:TNA PPV's were dropped in Oz due to the falling numbers.

Meanwhile Sky Box Office will no longer be showing PPV's, They have already stated that they're not showing Armageddon nor Royal Rumble.

Wonder what this leaves in store for Sky Sports then?
    Here's hoping SOMEONE shows them!
    Nero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

the numbers must be seriously down, for em to be dropping em altogether.do u reckon these will now be shown on regular sky sports or will sky just not show em at all?surely if sky sports drop them, channel 4, or maybe the new wrrestling channel will pick up the ppvs

all this happens just after i get sky sports in. im destined to never have full access to ppv's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it wouldnt surprise me if Channel 5 got the PPV's not on Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Nah, from what i've checked out so far, Sky's contract was only for two years. They'll probably renew it.

I'm hoping Channel 4 DON'T get it. Ads in the middle of the PPV's and ****? Unless they threw it on E4.

Who the fsck wants ads at 2 in the morning anyway?
    Nero.

would the channels have to pay a serious amount to show these? i mean if they werent hugely expensive then there isnt any drawback in having them from what i can see, as their bound to be the most watched thing at 2am on a sunday night/monday morning.

Which is exactly the reason why i don't understand why Sky didn't renew the contract. I mean, they could even stick em back on Sports 1!

On an unrelated note, Croker gave a licence to hold 5 shows outside of GAA per year. I'd love to see a ring in the middle of it. Granted it'll probably never happen again (Hard to believe but they let Muhammad Ali box in there once upon a time!)

Nero

• Advertisement

id say if we had better weather/ croker had a dome, then wwe would be here once a year. while they wouldnt fill it id reckon there would be enough interest to justify a show while there over here doin insurrextion . hey mayb they might even throw us a ppv every now an again.

on a completely differant note, y did they stop doin ppv's/as many shows (i mean proper ppv's not insurrextion) outside of the US after summerslam 92?

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    would the channels have to pay a serious amount to show these?

dunno but Channel 4 managed it and ****ed it up big time. Mossy remembers when they pixellated blood on X Pacs face yet showed a film featuring gang rapes at 10pm the same evening :confused:

anyone but Channel 4. as long as its available over here as well, so not on ITV2 either please

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    dunno but Channel 4 managed it and ****ed it up big time. Mossy remembers when they pixellated blood on X Pacs face yet showed a film featuring gang rapes at 10pm the same evening :confused:

All the censoring, but they still couldn't censor Mae Youngs saggy tits at the 2000 Rumble! *gets sick*

Nero

on a completely differant note, y did they stop doin ppv's/as many shows (i mean proper ppv's not insurrextion) outside of the US after summerslam 92?

Summerslam 92 was an experiment, it was originally meant to be held in Washington. Don't know why they didn't bother.

As for being outside the US? Survivor Series 97, Wrestlemania X8 and No Way Out 2003 to name 3 were all held in Canada.

Nero

when i say outside the us i mean a little further afield than canada. they had global warning in australia but again thats just a show created specially to have abroad.

didnt know wm x8 was in canada. thought it was in texas? although i may be thinking of x7.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    All the censoring, but they still couldn't censor Mae Youngs saggy tits at the 2000 Rumble! *gets sick*

the 2nd time you have reminded me of that horrible moment :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I wouldnt worry to much, knowing sky theyll just plonk them back on Sky Sports

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Thats cause mae young's breasts weren't on show, it was a piss take of the There's something about Mary moment.

it is the image of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

So whos gonna be showing Royal Rumble? Will it just move to sky sports? its the PPV i look forward ot every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

at least if sky or anyone else dont show it we can still watch it online at wwe.com....it costs money but its better than nothin

Originally posted by Nolimits
    at least if sky or anyone else dont show it we can still watch it online at wwe.com....it costs money but its better than nothin

not on my connection i wont :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

They should still be on Sky Sports 1 so I hear. I think they just can't be arsed trying to charge people for them because so few people want to pay 20 odd euro to stay up and watch what could be a poor/very predictable wrestling show til 4am.

when i say outside the us i mean a little further afield than canada. they had global warning in australia but again thats just a show created specially to have abroad.

didnt know wm x8 was in canada. thought it was in texas? although i may be thinking of x7.

X7 Was in Houston Texas at the Astrodome
    X8 Was in the Skydome in Toronto, Canada, same as VI except the place was lit up like a fsckin' christmas tree for X8! ;)

Nero

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    the 2nd time you have reminded me of that horrible moment :eek:

Too right, if i'm to be reminded of it each time i play that DVD then EVERYONE's to be reminded of it! ;)

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i never saw that royal rumble .Lucky lucky me :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The way i see it,Box office dont get enough wrestling interested customers. They are wasting their time with WWE,so they dropped it. C4 were showing these events,what,2 years ago? Their contract with WWE expired,so SBO picked up on it. Sky Sports probably wont get the rights to show these because they have their own contract for a certain amount of PPV's a year......and if they do try and get a deal,it prob wont be in time to show armaggedon.

Thats the way i see it anyway.

Did anyone sign that petition??

And I missed that royal rumble as well......thank god!!!!!!

Originally posted by Big Ears
    i never saw that royal rumble .Lucky lucky me :D:D:D:D:D

I dunno about being lucky. It was a pretty good tables match between the Dudz and the Hardyz as well as the street fight between Cactus Jack and HHH.

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Well,i was quite pissed off at missing the table match,and the street fight,but at least i dont have the scar in my brain that is Mae Young's tat's.

P.S. Nero,can you get a mental picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I don't think they will armageddon bu they have to get the royal after mania that is the best one. Sky don't usually let wrestling fans down so I have faith in them.

Originally posted by Cianan2
    Well,i was quite pissed off at missing the table match,and the street fight,but at least i dont have the scar in my brain that is Mae Young's tat's.

P.S. Nero,can you get a mental picture?

I don't need to dude, I own the DVD :(

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Everyone get their sig on that, never know it might help the cause.

http://www.petitiononline.com/skywwe/petition.html

I put my name to it, but if anything in the past has taught me, if you really wanna get to Vince, hit him where it hurts... in the wallet.

WWE has had a good fan contention in the UK, if nobody can get the shows, it'll hit Vinces wallet, hopefully in time to rectify the situation before the Rumble.

Nero

Advertisement