Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 Completed in Nightmare. :)

Options
  • 15-12-1999 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Well recieved a copy of Q3 on Saturday and started playing the single plyer game on Sunday night. Have completed the game already in nightmare. I have to admit the final guy (Xearo) took me about 50 attempts to beat. But I got a demo and will put up on the site tonight. Has anyone else had the same success. smile.gif. Does this make me the first person to beat him in Ireland. I believe so. smile.gif.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/jediquake3
    Jedi.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Well Done fat boy!! smile.gif Trust me they cant tell its a comb over.
    At Least the neighbourhood can get some sleep now.
    I wonder what they do be thinking next door. Now where's your Prozac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Nice one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Stop! Your scareing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Guess I won't bother with my "just finished Hardcore post" so wink.gif

Must see this demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I have 2 demos of me beating the final guy but one is not that good just very ca*** play from myself. smile.gif They will be on my website at about 6.00pm. There nothing to impressive about the demos but it proves that us average players can actually beat the game very quickly and easily. I was hoping that it would have kept me goin for another month or so but There you go. sad.gif But trust me he's no walkover in Nightmare.

Jedi.

• Advertisement

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 15-12-1999).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

koopa, you gota play him on the final map....only a rl rail and bfg and lots of open space:p
    bit different than q3test2

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Koopa

Try the single player game in nightmare its pretty hard and Xearo it lethal on the final level. Don't, I repeat, Don't let him get a Rail gun. biggrin.gif. The guys I live with in the house have been giving out about me shouting and swearing while playing him. Give it a try it will test anyones patience biggrin.gif

Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Wow! Impressive!

J.
    --
    [Can beat the guys on q3dm17 on Nightmare, must try some more levels...]

John Breslin
    cloud@eircom.net
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~cloud/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Nice 1 Jedi,
    Here, you really invest in those Linux shares a few days back ?? 733% profit in 1 day, holy ****.

• Advertisement

smile.gif

I wish mate. No I was only taking the micky. Some amount of profit in one day, don't you agree. I could have bought the ultimate Pc. Oh well I'll keep dreaming. sad.gif

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

You have a fairly damn good PC, dont be greedy.

Well done on beating it but I still reckon I could take you in a duel on any of the non-space maps...

smile.gif yes El-pres. Anyway my demos are up. I put up 2 to prove it wasn't a fluke the first time. Hope you enjoy. biggrin.gif

[PS]Jedi.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/jediquake3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well don jedi . me dieing to get q3 . arg .......

Lucutus, when and where do you want a copy biggrin.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

If anyone feels like passin on a copy to me (NOT FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION) I'd be more than grateful....

The Shadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

as soon as i read jedi's post i scrolled down waiting for sams reply stating that he was easily as good/BETTER (note the emphasis on the word better)........yep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

But notice the premptive excuse (didnt try it on the end map because i get 40 fps on it with no bots added..) incase Jedi ever beats him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Chaos, my good man,

You don't know how tempted I am to say tonight, I'll get a cab and meet you somewhere, or 'tomorrow after 5 anywhere around ChristChurch area!!!'

However, I think I'll buy the thing on Friday, when the shops got it in...might even get one of the tin boxes, if I'm lucky!

Thanx tho!

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

it is a known fact within a small circle of ppl that jedi would own sam smile.gif
    no names mentioned like

• Advertisement

sunglasses.gif
    (c) D

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Well done Jedi...

...it's times like this I'm asking myself...why the hell am I waiting till Friday to get a copy and try this out for myself?

Where the hell are all these people getting this game from, it's not even out here yet!

...must be warez, knew I should've d/loaded it last week....still tho, at least I might get that nice shiny tin box....

smile.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Hmmm, before I wrote this, there was a whole post from Koopa up before it, now it's gone.....oh jesus, I'm losin' it!

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

didnt bother playing the single player yet, but i loaded up that q3test2 map and added the xaero bot on nightmare skill and hes no harder to beat than major.. i can record a demo if you want.
    didnt try it on the end map because i get 40 fps on it with no bots added..

yeah the dcu proxy is losing it, it kept giving me some weird cgi errors.. i think i deleted it by mistake

DAMO you lookin for schlaps off bantors ehh?

Ah, phew... *wipes sweat from forehead and gets 'INSANE' stamp chemically removed from back of hand by kind woman in long white coat*

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Jedi's sux smile.gif

Nice demos though - you nearly got a perfect. Next challenge is to complete every level with a "Perfect" on nightmare. think it's vaguely possible?

smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement