Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quakeworld..the death of all fps

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

von i know the shaft rules smile.gif
    but the RL isnt stupidly good im saying, its a good handy weap, but u do need skill to use it, its not like the BFG, also id much prefer a rl on dm3 to a shaft smile.gif

and uve made me wanna shaft ur ass next lan :/

pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

i bet mines better too smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

everyone has there own opinion on games and btw H_K the BFG isnt that easy to use and is very hard to dodge but it is possable to dodge it if you know how. WWMan i have to dissagree even though im a quake2 and UT player people just stick to what they know and like. My Da still likes Mick Jagger and hes as old as quake1 (hard to belive but true :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I used to drink Diet Coke, but that was before I discovered Pepsi Max.

I also switched to super milk (extra vitamins)

But then I have never played QW (just Q1) and didn't get to taste Coke when it still had cocaine in it wink.gif

Mind you my earliest lan experiences were Descent 1&2 (gotta love those 3 point turns and quad purple lasers) and Dukem Nukem 3d (mmm pipe bombs) Ah them were the days.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

What the hell are u talking about EL_PRES?
    Ure saying that because Paladin beat Sarah He's crap??? Use ure brain man smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I try to avoid thinking when its at all posible, it gives me wrinkles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

no hes right steven
    im crap

no hes right steven
    im crap

stupid double click smile.gif

My old puter (200mmx, 48 meg, voodoo2) could handle q3 with everything turned off. Ok it wasn't pretty but I could play.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!

• Advertisement

You must have a strange definition of playable amp. Q3 on my old p233, 64mb, bahsee runs like utter poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

40 fps is NOT playable when your opponent is getting 80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Especially when you have a 'bad mouse' and a 'sore hand' and when you're playing crap because 'I'm hungry'

=)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lads, there's also the point of machine spec. I can't play ****in Q3 at 18 fps on my 300 (yeah it's a bloody 300/96 megs with a vel 128. If that machine cant play Q3 and UT at decent fps'

where are we supposed to go? Quake 2? lol smile.gif chance of that.

that's why I'll be playing QW til I can afford $(EXPENSIVE_NEW_PC)...

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

big QW prizes?
    only person to win somthink big was Thresh i think biggrin.gif

rest was just small prices...

iv been forced to retire from QW now, due to there being no1 good left to play, and like 0 team games...

duno what my future with EA is with the q3 scene...
    maybe ill move on...dunno yet, watch this space...

soem very big prizes comin up with Q3 also, maybe i can make som moiney from it if i get the right sponsors and team biggrin.gif

Good luck to ya.

hmmmm my l33t skillz _have_ improved since Athlon entered my life.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i dont want to add to this long running arguement BUT i feel compelled to say q1 q2 q3 unreal ut halflife i couldnt care less , i play them all and enjoy them all, some a bit more than others, now ive said it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well i only put it on the board to get a bit of decent discussion going smile.gif
    personally i'll play both.
    just bored of the crappy posts that seem to be appearing on the board these days
    like that stupid quake office xmas paty one.
    now where is it, time to bump er up a bit smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Deathmatch games are real good craic. I think playing Q3 is like playing snooker instead of pool. It's a slightly different way of enjoying the same game. So what if it's not much new - it's still a laugh to play, if you like that kind of thing.

Q3 (with extra maps & weapons mods) will be around for a long time oi reckons. If you play it on a TNT2/P500+ (the spec of microsofts imminent console), it just looks so amazing that I can't see any deathmatch engine surpassing it greatly.

Von I disagree that QW players will be much better than any others when things even out. Unlike at the time of Frag3, the shaft is pretty crap in Q3. The rail is v.important in most TP levels - if a level has any large open spaces at all, the rail rules. I hate the railgun cos it's boring and slows the game right down, but that's the reality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement