Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free bbc digital..plz help

Options
  • 05-12-2003 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

HI folks,

I'm a comkplete novice and so i don't want to get screwed by some TV guy.
    Basically i am interested in getting these new bbc digital channels and a free digital sat system. i cant find any real info on this topic and was wondering if anyone here can help.
    I want the cheapest and best bang for buck...

I was looking at getting the astra2 system installed for €350, good price?

I was then told by someone else that the astra2 needs astra1 first; and also that the astra2 system is not the same system that gets the bbc footprint signal..

This was a topic on corks 96fm show with neil prenderville but i missed it saying the pros and cons of both...

Essentially i want a sat system that will get the bbc footprint and all the rest when they come online for free, and i want to get a good system that wont need upgrading in a few years...

Thx for all the help in advance
    deegs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I'm a novice too and interested in learning more but I just came across this company today when reading this blog. Mr. Walsh picks up the signal in West Cork so I presume it's available nationwide?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com

Ok what you need to do is go to this forum and the nice people there will tell you all you want to know :)

all you need is a sky digibox plus a minidish with an lnb which you could get away with for a lot less than €350!! and a free to view card which costs a once off £23.50, but you do strictly need a UK address for to get that card, all the details are on a special ftv thread on the icdg board.
    The BBC channels are already free but the ftv card will give you access to ITV channell four and channel five without a subscription

mm

Advertisement