Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel advice

Options
  • 05-12-2003 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Ok, time for me to ask some advice.

The ButcherofNog and I are taking the spawn away for christmas, and I'm looking for any advice you might have, or experience any of you might want to share... EG, is there anything that we absolutely must take, etc.

We're flying to New York, where it will be really cold... and then going on a cruise from NY to florida, and the bahamas, where it will be really hot.

So, is there anything I can do to make her flight easier? Or the cruise? She's 9 months now :)

Would appreciate any help :)

Fox_in_Socks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

well She needs to suck someting taking off and landing like a soother or bottle or breast ..just so her ears dont hurt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

calpol

never leave home without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Yeah, I thought that...
    breast is best! :)

The more advice the better!

Fox_in_Socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nogser

Check with your airline. Do they have seats with baby cots? If so book it. Otherwise check in early and ask if the flight is full. If not try and get them to sit yourselves at the side and get that extra seat for your kid and all the stuff. If all that fails ask the Air Hostesses early if they can arrange something for you as soon as you find your seat on board

Bring plenty of hand luggage full of food, drinks, clothes and nappies for her and spare clothes for you. The plane can upset kids and you can end up with her lunch all over you. Delays cause havoc as well with feeding etc.

Keep your buggy with you until you get on the plane. Those two hours from check-in can be very long. We brought both our buggy and rock-a-tot out to the plane.

Does she crawl? If so try and tire her out moving around while waiting to board. That will make the flight easier.

When you get to the boarding gate ask to board early. When they ask for those needing special assistance go up. Don't be shy. You'll have to stash your buggy by the plane and stow all that hand baggage.

Been there

Nogser

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Thank you Nogser! Very useful advice. She doesnt crawl yet, but does like to stand up at every opportunity, and will push herself up to a standing position if we hold her hands.... that will tire her out :)

And Beruthiel, i've already gone out and bought the sachets, so i dont have to worry about a bottle spilling :)

Fox_in_Socks

• Advertisement
Advertisement