Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS Styles In Netscape ?

Options
  • 05-12-2003 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

hello,

i have created a site for a mate (see www.eoghanburke.com ). the site looks fine in IE but I just had a look at it for first time in Netscape where it looks bloody awful.

the main problem is the main text on the page is not using the css style class which i created in the <head> of the page, but is using the default text spec'd in the <body text="######"> tag.

can anyone help me out here (if u have netscape take a look) and point out what is amiss ?

cheers,
    jAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Looks identical to the IE version, in Mozilla Firebird anyway.

Is it an old version of Netscape?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Enygma
    Looks identical to the IE version, in Mozilla Firebird anyway.

Is it an old version of Netscape?

Indeed. Netscape 4 & IExploder don't play well together. What you'll need to do is code-fork since they both use subtle differences in some of their css calls, eg. "hide" vs "hidden" etc.

The usual Microsoft sh*te of trying to make things awkward and not adhering to universally agreed standards.

Looks fine in my browser (NS 7.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

that's great news,

it was netscape 4.7 that i was using that must have been the why it was showing up strangely. guess it was just down to an old version, thanx for the help...

jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

There's a javascript error on the homepage that I thought you might wanna know about!

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

There's a javascript error on the homepage that I thought you might wanna know about!

Tom

• Advertisement
Advertisement