Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another injury at Liverpool

• 05-12-2003 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Harry Kewell will be out for up to three weeks. He is supposed to have damaged ankle ligaments against Bolten. How many more do Liverpool have to get before this seasons injury jinx stops

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Good Grief !!! When I saw the title I thought Hesky had fallen over again and hurt himself, thank God HE is OK !!:D

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Owen, Kewell, Henchoz, Finnan, Carragher and Baros - six of our first choice eleven all out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

(Lump it up the pitch) Carragher,"I want to be a goalie" Hencoz and Baros are hardly first choice.
    Baros should be but the fairy Heskey is always ahead of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bad news for Liverpool, but on the other hand I'm glad he'll miss the Newcastle game tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lump it up the pitch) Carragher,"I want to be a goalie" Hencoz and Baros are hardly first choice.

Boll0x. Carragher and Henchoz are two of the best defenders in the Premiership - something that anyone but the most biased scummer could see. Baros is and was from the start of the season the preferred option alongside Owen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

he's a big loss for liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

bad an all as the injury list is becoming no excuse for the fact they're 14 odd points behind already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

its a load of balls kewell has been our best player by far this season
    liverpool have had one disaster after another this season
    i havent seen a team so unlucky in a season for years ( bar the debt ridden leeds )
    they should have beaten arsenal and united and deserved at least a draw against chelsea
    but on the plus pongolle looks to be top drawer:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Carragher is one of the best defenders in the best defenders around. Granted he lacks the ability to attack but he was clearly trying to remedy that when he got his place at left back. As far as I'm concerned he'd always be a starter for me. Risse would be my backup if Carra is having a bad day. henchoz on the other hand is solid but once GH signs a pacy defender he won't be starting.

Kewell is a big loss but Smicer has shown his true colours this season and will provide adequate backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by yom 1
    but on the plus pongolle looks to be top drawer:p

Your absolutely right but he is kinda experienced at the moment. From the games I've seen him play in the one major flaw I see is the positions he gets himself into when he receives the ball. He always leaves himself with a man to beat, something Owen has mastered. GH is convinced that Rushie will get the best out of him. If he passes on his experience of positioning and stuff then I'd back him to be the a superstar just as Rush was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

your right bout him bein inexperienced but who better to coach him than IAN RUSH
    his legend proceeds him
    pongo can and will only get better and for the bargan price they got him for he is one of the truely decent buys that houllier has made along with kewell hyypia finnan and diouf who at the moment is playin out of his skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah pongo looks very talented

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Man was I pi$$ed off this morning when I heard Harry was out injured. Big game against Newcastle coming up and I have to get rid of him from my Fantasy Football team ! Pox bottle. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Pongool does look good but I would question his ability to stay on his feet in the box. It may be coincidence but he has either won a penno of had a claim in every match I,ve seen him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Pongool does look good but I would question his ability to stay on his feet in the box. It may be coincidence but he has either won a penno of had a claim in every match I,ve seen him so far.

A tricky striker always gets brought down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

With Kewell out, pushing Riise up would seem the obvious thing to do except for one thing.....Traore would problerly be the left back.....oh dear.

Mike.

Advertisement