Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Arena

Options
  • 16-12-1999 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

None of the major gaming shops in Dublin will sell me a copy tonight, and they all have them in stock! Da B*stards!

As well as this, none of them have any copies of The Elite Edition in the tin box, sad.gif, would have been kewl.

Ah well, guess I'd better just wait till tomorrow, I've been waiting this long...

*shrugs*

BTW, Alan from Electronics Boutique on Henry Street is by far, THE MOST UNHELPFUL W*A*N*K*E*R ON THE PLANET. With anything he says drops the brown trail of Bullsh*t down his chin.

Thank you for listening to my slanderous comments.

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I have to disagree. I always found Alan a v. helpful chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thats only coz he sucks your pr..er wrong board
    i think nearly every one who works in EB are complete ********s
    they know nach about nought...
    and even less about nothing

I must further disagree, Eamo, you uncultured Aussie oik smile.gif Alan's as grand as you could reasonably expect anyone who works in a computer game shop and has to deal with fu<king scum every day to be.

Plus Terry who is still in the Dawson St. EB is a nice chap too. They at least give you dosh off if you buy your stuff in there, & have prices equal to or better than Game. If you ask me, its the staff in Game that are a right bunch of twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Castor,

I'm glad you've found that of Alan, however, my experiences talking to him over the last two days consisted of conversation about 'the different versions of Q3A' for 'American Win95/98' and 'European Win95/98', he claimed that there was two different versions of game code, for the two main regions. Of course, this is total sh*ite, but perhaps it was just his way of dealing with a customer who was asking, 'Why the delay?'. There was a coupld of other questions asked by me, which he answered with total falseness and untruth, just to get me off the phone. Shame computer games salespeople feel the necessity to LIE to the customer.

P.S. If anyone has a copy of 'European Windows 98' can they pass it on? Apparently I need it to run Q3A with the version I'm getting today! lol, what sh*te! smile.gif

Lucutus of Borg

One other thing Alan told me was that the Limited Edition tin box, Quake 3: Arena Elite Edition was ONLY available in the US.

Whilst this was true at the beginning, it was only intended for the US, Activision decided to ship it worldwide. People have bought it today in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.

Another blatant lie from Alan of Electronics Boutique, Henry Street, not more than 24 hours ago.

Gawd, if anything else he told me turns out to be untrue, I swear...*snip*

frown.gif

Lucutus of Borg

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 17-12-1999).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

On the other hand you gotta remember they're up to their tlts at the moment an don't need tw4ts pesterin them on the phone about why the game has a delayed European release. Nice one Alan... keep up the good work, An Post may offer you a job yet.

BTW I'm extremely pi$$ed off with tw4t phone calls atm.

Ah yeah shank, I am well aware of people in the services industry getting pi$$ed off with questions that they can't possibly answer, especially around this festive period, but why, oh why, do I have to be treated as if I know nothing about the medium I work and play in, lied to and patronised?

Why no just say, 'Listen pal, I'm very busy at the moment, I don't have the answers to your questions, the ONLY information I DO have is, that, {Insert distributors name here}, is delivering the game on Thursday, and we can't release it until Friday, because it's breaking the rules otherwise.'

Rational, simple, unquestionable. *shrug*

It's a shame that this type of treatment is condoned by the peers of it's instigator(s).

Lucutus of Borg

Na it's much more fun to lie

Your phone tecnhique mentioned there in the last post is almost exactly my style Lucutus: blunt almost to the point of rudeness, but not quite smile.gif

btw got Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine yesterday, its excellent, much better than blummin' Tomb Raider et al. The usual LucasArts design means plenty of lateral thinking required - I never did manage to finish Grim Fandango smile.gif

Ooo, Ooo, Go back and finish Grim Fandango! Definatly worth it for the last scenes!!!

Lucutus of Borg

• Advertisement

Wait a sec, you two are in Tech support, aren't you?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alan Of Eb

Well I Try TO Be Helpfull But I Just Cant. Jees You Guys are harsh.

lol

wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

THE PUBLIC ARE SCUM!

(c) me 1998 smile.gif

lol

Advertisement