Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epicurean food

• 05-12-2003 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

anyone know good places to buy quality food such as truffles ectera, on the interschmeb or in in dublin. looking at a hamper as a present for chrimbo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

you should try the organic market in meeting house square on sat mornings, they sell all sorts of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

dunno about on the web but you could try Unicorn on Merrion Row. gorgeous food and they do hampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

cheers. i have checked out the markey there before (meeting house square) and it is good. Just looking for some other places. I know sheridans is good but I want something that is presented well. Cheers kanaga, i check that place out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

For epicurean delights try :

Basement in Avoca - Suffolk St.
    Magills Deli - Back of the Powerscourt Centre
    Sheridans Cheesemongers - South Anne St,

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Truffles are hard to come by in Dublin at any time of year. They are out of season at the moment, so preserved truffles are your only current option. I reckon you would be better off taking a cheap day-trip to Paris with Ryanair, and dropping into Fauchon (near the Madeleine church).
    Larousse Foods in Dublin do import them, but are expensive.

Although I have never bought truffles from Larousse, I have bought fresh foie gras from them a couple of times and they ain't cheap. I know it's expensive anyway, but they charge about twice what you would pay in France per kilo, so I reckon their prices for truffles would be similarly hiked.

http://www.fauchon.com
    http://www.laroussefoods.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement