Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airway AP connected, but no data. How come?

• 05-12-2003 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

bear with me, as this is my first foray into the world of wifi, and I'm still learning.

I got myself a nice little Airway Transport, and a crossover ethernet cable to connect to my onboard nic, and although I can connect to the AP over wifi on my laptop (configured 128bit WEP etc. sucessfully) I can't connect at all through the ethernet cable to my desktop machine.

both machines are xp pro and all the network settings are the xp defaults.

half my problem is that all the documentation that came with the AP is written for people using it t plug into an existing hub/switch on an already functioning network.

I only have the 2 machines at the moment, but figured an AP would be better than a standard wifi nic (802.11b btw) for any possible future expandability (broadband or more PC's etc).

my plan was to have the AP connected directly to the nic on my desktop with the crossover cable and then have the desktop set up for file/printing/ICS etc. so the laptop could use all the resources on the desktop.

the crossover cable seems to be working fine, i get link and data lights on both the nic and AP, but I can't connect to the AP via it's IP address using the desktop at all. funny thing is, the laptop is seeing it fine and will happily conect to it, and has even let me set up WEP etc. on the AP wirelessly.

so where's the problem? is it just not possible to set things up this way? am i going to spend some more cash on something else?

Advertisement