Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Play Home games In England

• 05-12-2003 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Check this Out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/republic_of_ireland/3293401.stm

Amazing what are the FAI doing I understand they are in a tight corner
    But something must be done.
    Think of the Home Fans.

Read article below

Republic could play away

Temporary seating can no longer be used at Lansdowne
    The Football Association of Ireland is considering playing its home World Cup qualifiers at English or Scottish venues.

On the eve of Friday's World Cup draw, FAI chief executive Fran Rooney said the Irish could be forced into the move because of Lansdowne Road's reduced capacity.

Fifa regulations mean the Football Association of Ireland can no longer use temporary seating at each end of the Dublin venue.

As a result, the capacity would be cut to 22,000, from the previous 35,000, with spectators seated in the East and West Stands and the terracing behind each goal deserted.

The situation would involve a huge loss of revenue for the FAI.

However, Rooney appeared to favour playing the home games outside Ireland.

"I think a lot of supporters would rather have the opportunity of travelling abroad to see us play than playing in a half empty stadium," Rooney said.

He indicated the Republic's homes games could be played in a large British city with a significant Irish population.

However, the FAI is still hoping that the Gaelic Athletic Association might change its policy on banning non-GAA games from its 80,000-seater Croke Park stadium in north Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

celtic park would be some venue for the irish games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    celtic park would be some venue for the irish games

I imagine you mean Parkhead, no irish soccer should have to leave these shores to play a home game.

them shower of Fuc.kers in the GAA better take their head out of their arse's and open the stadium.

**** let american football be played but won't let Irish soccer team play.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

F,ucking ****.ers thats all they are.

(sorry for the language but I reall hate those stupid backward shower of the GRAB ALL ASSOICIATION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The GAA in Wickow have just put foward a perfect short term solution and if Croker have a wit of intellegence they will run with it and be true patriots!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

celtic home ground has been called celtic park for a good few years now, not Parkhead, example the club address is..

Celtic Football Club
    Celtic Park
    Glasgow
    G40 3RE
    Scotland
    United Kingdom

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    celtic home ground has been called celtic park for a good few years now, not Parkhead, example the club address is..

Celtic Football Club
    Celtic Park
    Glasgow
    G40 3RE
    Scotland
    United Kingdom

God they always still call Parkhead on the telly when there commentating, ah well I stand corrected. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

They are going to HAVE to push for Croker now with the prospect of a home game versus france. From a financial point of view, 22,000 is a total waste of potential revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Dustaz
    They are going to HAVE to push for Croker now with the prospect of a home game versus france. From a financial point of view, 22,000 is a total waste of potential revenue.
    That is all Fran Rooney is doing, he says the Irish would rather travel abroad then play in a half empty stadium. He wants to get the Irish fans (a lot of which ar GAA fans) angry and put pressure on the GAA to open it doors. Playing in Celtic Park in front of 60,000 Ireland fans still isn't a home game as the players will not be used to the dressing rooms and stuff like that so it will be hard for them to settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I imagine you mean Parkhead, no irish soccer should have to leave these shores to play a home game.

them shower of Fuc.kers in the GAA better take their head out of their arse's and open the stadium.

**** let american football be played but won't let Irish soccer team play.

F,ucking ****.ers thats all they are.

I Understan your annoyance at the prospect of our national soccer team having to play their matches on foreign soil but to blame the GAA for the FAI's incompetence is totally wrong. If the FAI had been managed properly there would be no reason for this situation to arise as they should have their own stadium by now.

I am not a GAA fan but I don;t see why they should be forced to bail out Rooney and his cohorts. The FAI have shown that they have total disregard for The National team supporters and as much as I,d like to see soccer in croker, I will not be supporting Rooneys campaign to force the GAA to change their mind on this issue.

I,m not falling for the FAI's new found patriosm and concern for Irish supporters, after all its not that long ago that they had no concerns over selling the rights of our home international to a foreign TV station that many people here are unable to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I think it is ****ing ridiculous that a lot of taxpayers money was spent
    on a fantastic stadium that is used for about 6 months of the year.

They allowed American football to be played there, They also allowed Aussie Rules Football to be played. Why not Soccer??? It's time to grow up GAA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

If the FAI had been managed properly there would be no reason for this situation to arise as they should have their own stadium by now.

Well, the FAI did have plans to build a 40,000 seater untill our government got the Air Corps to make up a cock and bull story about flight paths. The government then convinced the FAI to get on board the national stadium project. And then Croke Park nearly got opened up to soccer untill the government inexplicably convinced the GAA that they wouldn't have to do that because a new national stadium was coming. Then the stadium turned out to cost 1 billion (!?) and it was never built.

If we had anybody but Fianna Fail/Bertie in government, we'd be sorted. So don't blame the FAI for this particular mess.

• Advertisement

If we had anybody but Fianna Fail/Bertie in government, we'd be sorted. So don't blame the FAI for this particular mess.

If managed properly the The FAI would have built their own Stadium years ago, long before the current Government came in. Now they dont have anywhere to play their matches and that is due to their short sightedness and incompetence and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yes, but they did try to build their own stadium, but the government blocked it with some cock and bull story about flight paths.

Of course, they should have built one long ago, but unfortunately, unlike the GAA, the FAI does not enjoy the luxury of raking in huge gate receipts from all over the country due to players performing for free. We bitch about the FAI not building a stadium when they have no money, then they sell the rights to Sky to get some money and we bitch about them some more. The FAI takes a lot of flak about many things, and rightfully so (Saipan, cronyism), but I don't think you can fault them much for the whole stadium thing.

Ireland is too small a country to have three major sporting organisations all going their seperate ways. If they all just got together and pooled their resources they'd all become stronger and better together. It's all about getting young people to play sports, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

GAA isn't even a professional game!
    what right/standing do they have to push over those who earn their living playing hte beautiful game. that's why that gaa player moved to australia (satanta o hailpin i think).

GAA got 20million euro a few budgets back to improve croker. ridiculous.

Of course, they should have built one long ago, but unfortunately, unlike the GAA, the FAI does not enjoy the luxury of raking in huge gate receipts from all over the country due to players performing for free. We bitch about the FAI not building a stadium when they have no money, then they sell the rights to Sky to get some money and we bitch about them some more. The FAI takes a lot of flak about many things, and rightfully so (Saipan, cronyism), but I don't think you can fault them much for the whole stadium thing.

Sorry but my kids play both GAA and Soccer, They have to pay to play Soccer paying club membership/registration plus a sub every game to pay the REF. They don't have to pay a penny to play GAA.

We bitch about the FAI because they give us good reason to.

Ireland is too small a country to have three major sporting organizations all going their separate ways. If they all just got together and pooled their resources they'd all become stronger and better together. It's all about getting young people to play sports, right?

I agree with you there. Maybe the GAA should be asked to take over the running of the National soccer team and relieve the FAI of the Hassle of having to provide facilities for it, a task that is obviously beyond them. That way we would have a competent organization looking after our National team instead of the joke one at the moment who only succeed in making our team the laughing stock of world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Here's a hypothetical.....

If soccer is played in Croke Park.....

a) will the residents allow midweek games

and more importantly

b) will they allow floodlights?

The residents huffed and puffed at Saturday GAA fixtures and Croker has no lights....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i say we stuff the gaa, its their loss. no point dallying about waiting on the gaa fat cats to make up their minds. move the games to scotland, celtic park, ireland's 2nd home. we'd be more welcome their.

anyway, did fifa and uefa not give a permit to allow the seats for the qualifiers?? as far as i know, the games will still be in landsdowne.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Have the FAI ever made an official approach to the GAA to use Croke Park? All I've ever seen in the papers and on these message boards is "GAA should let Soccer be played in Croke Park" etc etc. Are the FAI actually doing anything about it, and are they doing it reasonably?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

scotland, celtic park, ireland's 2nd home

My ar5e!

Typical Sinn Fein (IRA) attitude.

Celtic are not Irish and never will be Irish, they are British.
    They have, in Ireland, a bunch of thugs, singing sectarian, IRA songs, trying to make them out to be an "Irish" team. I don't subscribe to the notion that Irish people must follow Celtic, because they're Irish. The new breed of Ireland based followers of Celtic make me sick.
    How a bunch of Paddies can publically proclaim their hatred for Rangers (a.k.a. Gers/Huns etc), a team in a foreign country, is beyond me. Maybe it's the closest thing that they can get to having a real team of their own.

Anyone else know Panathinaikos? They wear Green, they were founded by an Irish Priest, thay have a clover/snamrock on their crest and they are based in a foreign city! Let's all support them and hate their big city rivals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Although it pains me to say it, I agree with Rodney totally here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

celtic are a scottish team for whoever called us "british", pure blasphemy :p

Anyway i dont know much great detail about it but i think it would be a good thing if the irish football team were allowed to play at croker, lansdowne always was a bit of a kip to be fair..

alot of it seems like this traditional attitude that alot of irish seems to have when it comes to the decision that gaa made (atleast from what i could see, i never paid a great amount of intrest in it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

croker is a fantastic venue and could be filled for france wit the right marketing.

The GAA have released a 10 yr plan for teh serviceing of their debt so prob don't need to to do it for moneys sake. And I'm not sure about the ettiquete of another sporting organisation asking for stadium when the owners rules forbid it...

time will tell though, croker will become the national stadium IMO.

Till then tho, it would be really sad if the home games had to be played away. Cos neither anfield or celtic head is a home game as much as people may protest. See euro play off vs Holland in anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter
    My ar5e!

Anyone else know Panathinaikos? They wear Green, they were founded by an Irish Priest, thay have a clover/snamrock on their crest and they are based in a foreign city! Let's all support them and hate their big city rivals?

actually i do support panathinaikos there my favourite greek team and i dont like oliympiakos aek athens or paok salonika.

just the same way as i support celtic and dont like rangers aberdeen and iverness caladoinin thislte.

ps: i dont like rangers but i dont hate them and former and current rangers players should not be boo'd in internationels

The new breed of Ireland based followers of Celtic make me sick.
    And ALL United supporters are Hooligans. Generalisation gets you nowhere Rodney.

My ar5e!

Typical Sinn Fein (IRA) attitude.

Celtic are not Irish and never will be Irish, they are British.
    They have, in Ireland, a bunch of thugs, singing sectarian, IRA songs, trying to make them out to be an "Irish" team. I don't subscribe to the notion that Irish people must follow Celtic, because they're Irish. The new breed of Ireland based followers of Celtic make me sick.
    How a bunch of Paddies can publically proclaim their hatred for Rangers (a.k.a. Gers/Huns etc), a team in a foreign country, is beyond me. Maybe it's the closest thing that they can get to having a real team of their own.

That post is what I would call a display of ignorance.

I support Celtic and I hate Rangers, I support Aston Villa and I hate Birmingham, my ex supports Kerry and hates Cork, see where I'm going mate!!!!!

So grow up and smell the coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

The government only subsidised Croke Park, they didnt organise the financing of it and they didnt help with the building of it, far as i can remember i never saw Bertie mixing cement up there. I presume the government would have given the FAI the same financial backing if that organisation had bothered organising itself enough to build a stadium. I agree it's a disgrace that we dont have a soccer stadium but it aint the GAAs fault. The renting out of the pitch five or so times a year seems a brilliant idea....what most people are afraid of is the pitch being destroyed for a Azerbaijan friendly or Ireland-Italy rugby match two days before a GAA game. Our national games have a hard enough time competing against foreign sports without the GAA being brow beaten by the FAI

I'm not saying its their fault, but they could help out until a new stadium has been built or landsdowne has being rebuilt.

Why allow american football and the Irish soccer team, we'r not talking about a huge volume of games here.

Croke park was part funded by the taxpayers so least they could do is help out for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

jebus it was one american football game years ago get over it
    we're not talking about one soccer game here, we're talking bout potentially years of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    jebus it was one american football game years ago get over it
    we're not talking about one soccer game here, we're talking bout potentially years of them

Were talking about 1 a year on average. The smaller games can surely be played in other venues where the financial potential is not so great.

Hold on a minute I think its the GAA that need to get over themselves, there the one that is so adament that FOREIGN SPORTS shouldn't be played there.

I'm not blaiming the GAA and they don't have to open it but they were anyway a decent organisation they would put the citizens of this country before themselves.

• Advertisement

I'm not blaming the GAA and they don't have to open it but they were anyway a decent organisation they would put the citizens of this country before themselves.

Yeah like The FAI always do.:rolleyes:

I agree with LMNOP The FAI have no call on Croker and should not be allowed to take the high Moral Ground over The GAA who have managed their affairs admirably and have a wonderful stadium to show for it.

BTW where is Jesus_Thats_Great_2?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

In my opinion the problem here all stems back to the government. They shouldnt have bothered giving any money to the GAA without a guarantee that other sports would be allowed to play there. The very idea of having 2 massive stadiums in such a small city is bloody ridiculous. The Gov. should have either backed the national stadium, or backed Croker under the right terms. Why should we need a seperate stadium for rugby, soccer and gaelic games?

Rodney, Of course we would fill Croker more than once every two years. If they can do it when two counties play each other i'm sure they can do it if the whole country is being represented.

PS. If you are banned from the soccer forum why didn't you at least try to hide your identity when you rejoined. You will be banned for life now which is really stupid of you and if you have a fixed IP you won't be able to register again.

2. The FAI have never taken the High Moral Ground over anyone !

Thats not the impression I got listening to menton on the radio last friday.

It would be worth it to see soccer in Croker just to shut up some of the thicko GAA boyos with 100 year old memories and prejudices, as long.

Thicko's they may be but obviously not as thick as those who are depending on others to provoid facilities for them.

the wexford gaa club had a great idea!!! rent croke park out to the government for say 5 days over the next 3 years and the government will rent it out to other organisations say the F.A.I nad the GAA wont have to ammend any rules and every1 is happy!!! downsides to this is if bertie rents it out to westlife to play 5 live gigs or something like that!!! (it was on the radio last night) they also said it could sort out world peace like in the north where they could rent it out to the unionists when something british happens and they rent it to the republicians when something irish happens like st patricks day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    the wexford gaa club had a great idea!!!

It was actually a club from the GAA stronghold of Wicklow the "Arklow Geraldines"

Why the club is name after a women i dont know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Everybody slates the GAA for not letting the FAI in and they have a very good reason the GAA put huge amounts of revenue back into the Game at a grass roots level the FAI do not and they expect a staduim to be handed to them.

Lets not for get how much revenue was generated out of the world cup and the euro qualifiers, where has that money gone, there isint even as much as a foundation stone laid out of the FAI's own coffers. While it is tragic that the supporter is really the only one who suffers, it looks like this is what it's going to take before they shoot themselves in the foot and display their own incompetency on an international level before it strikes home.
    Just look at the thank you the supporters got from the FAI after we did not qualify for Europe Friendly ticket prices went up, why? what extra value for money are the supporters getting.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Yeah like The FAI always do.:rolleyes:

I never said the FAI did, I personally think the FAI are more amatuer than the GAA are, so roll your eyes somewhere else.

But as Truckle said why would we need two massive stadiums for such a small city.

Try to remember people the government have invested a lot into Croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If Ireland have to play at an English Venue...I will never go to a G.A.A event again or watch it on T.v!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

No offense nellieswellies but if you can't see that the G.A.A are a shower of biggots who won't soccer be played on their pitch cus it's a game invented by brits then your very naieve... I am not anti or pro English, Fact is the English have lost grasp of soccer and it has become a Universal game and to me the only universal game in the world.... Other world sports like Tennis and Rugby are too expensive for poorer countries...and last but not least we are actually better than the brits at their own game!! So why not embrace it rather than ban it?? We deserve retribution for Lansdowne road!

Posted By Irish1
    I personally think the FAI are more amatuer than the FAI are, so roll your eyes somewhere else.

:rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Muppet
    :rolleyes: :D

Anyone wanna give me some typing lessons:D

I have edited it to reflect what I meant ie the FAI are more amatuer than the GAA!!

Anyone wanna give me some typing lessons

I,ll Give you some but you,ll end up worse than you started.;)

I got and accept your point but I couldn,t resist the temptation to highlight your typo.

Please do not respond in kind as I know mine would need a thread/forum all of their own.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Here we go again!

Firstly I think it is a disgrace that Ireland should be forced to play home matches abroad. I also agree with what the Muppet is saying about the FAI.

When did the Irish team stop playing in Dalymount? Why? and why hasn't a stadium been built in the time since?

About the GAA/Croker:
    - Soccer have never officially asked the GAA for the pitch. They've gone through the government and the media but never asked for themselves.
    - The GAA have an agreement with the residents as to the amount of games ot be played there. While most of these residents would be considered more soccer than GAA supporters, it would be a bit hypocritical of them if they now decided that they can play extra games because these games would be soccer and not GAA. I still haven't heard an intelligent discussion about this issue when the whole 'soccer in croker' issue is raised
    - Floodlights would be an issue.
    - Would soccer agree to not play there between May and October?
    - Australian rules was never played there. Compromise rules was and that is governed by the GAA.
    - The government gave the GAA a grant to build croker. They didn't finance the majority of it or anything like that. The FAI were also initially getting a grant ot build Eircom park.

IMO anyone who thinks the GAA is the problem here obviously doesn't know the facts or have a very loose grip on reality. The first group they should look at is the FAI. They've being having relative success for the last 15 years and what have they contributed to the irish people in terms of facilities for the game they are supposed to represent? Yes soccer is banned by the GAA as written in their constitution but that is far from the only obstacle with playing soccer in Croker.

Originally posted by Imposter
    Soccer have never officially asked the GAA for the pitch. They've gone through the government and the media but never asked for themselves.
    I sort of figured that myself.

I posted a huge reply to this topic and it never showed up so I am not writing it out again.

To be breif, read the Evening Herald. Someone is going to build a national stadium. I forget his name but I think he is the owner of Bravo and set up the worlds biggest ever sponsorshiop deal between Coca Cola and FIFA. He contacted the government about this a year ago and they still haven't contacted him back except for a few brief phone calls. There's a few quotes from him in the Herald and he is a rich, rich man. He wants to get a Chinese construction company to build it and it will take two years. He also owns a stadium in Franfurt. His father is Irish.

If this guy lives up to his word this is going to be a lot better than the Bertie Bowl and even Croker!!!

sounds great if it happens

If being the key word. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by Imposter
    Here we go again!

Firstly I think it is a disgrace that Ireland should be forced to play home matches abroad. I also agree with what the Muppet is saying about the FAI.

When did the Irish team stop playing in Dalymount? Why? and why hasn't a stadium been built in the time since?

About the GAA/Croker:
    - Soccer have never officially asked the GAA for the pitch. They've gone through the government and the media but never asked for themselves.
    - The GAA have an agreement with the residents as to the amount of games ot be played there. While most of these residents would be considered more soccer than GAA supporters, it would be a bit hypocritical of them if they now decided that they can play extra games because these games would be soccer and not GAA. I still haven't heard an intelligent discussion about this issue when the whole 'soccer in croker' issue is raised
    - Floodlights would be an issue.
    - Would soccer agree to not play there between May and October?
    - Australian rules was never played there. Compromise rules was and that is governed by the GAA.
    - The government gave the GAA a grant to build croker. They didn't finance the majority of it or anything like that. The FAI were also initially getting a grant ot build Eircom park.

IMO anyone who thinks the GAA is the problem here obviously doesn't know the facts or have a very loose grip on reality. The first group they should look at is the FAI. They've being having relative success for the last 15 years and what have they contributed to the irish people in terms of facilities for the game they are supposed to represent? Yes soccer is banned by the GAA as written in their constitution but that is far from the only obstacle with playing soccer in Croker.

Completely 100 per cent right in my book. The entire reason that the FAI may have to look abroad to play home games is their own fault. I accept that the government may have messed them about over Eircom Park and Abbotstown but it is a disgrace in this day and age that there is no available stadium in the country. The FAI have been mismanaging their money for too long. Just look at the debacle over Drogheda United and their ground. Absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yes the FAi are a shower of know nothin spend it alls (on nothing :p ) but they aren't really the ones who loose out. The Irish people are.
    Croke Park was built for the irish people (by the GAA) so if the majority of these people would like it to be played there then i say let it. Finding this out tho would be the hard part :)

Building a second large stadium in Dublin is stupid.

If the GAA are worried about a poor pitch just make the FAI returf it if it gets damaged. Secondly for the person who mentioned rugby being played there i remind u that rugby has a home in a 50k stadium and therefore wont be played.

What i find funny is that people complained when the FAI tried to earn more money and the irish people complained. They try to maximise their profits another way and people complain. I agree the FAI has probably squandered a lot of the dosh they've earned (i dont really know much about the roots of soccer in ireland) but 15 odd years of success wouldnt give you enough money to build yourself a stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I already started a thread on this issue in the politics section. Never seen it here for some reason.

Why o why do soccer fans have a problem with the GAA and not even mention the FAI or the governement in their rant.

Honestly if I really cared about soccer this is who my problem would be with.

Do soccer fans honestly see themselves ever getting a stadium of their own if one singular game of soccer is played in Croker! The GAA will open croker to the odd huge game of soccer when the FAI have organised the building of a stadium of their own.

Put yer hot air into the building of a soccer stadium instead of wanting Croker now the GAA's time and effort have paid off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement