Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 League Registration.

Options
  • 13-12-1999 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

RULES of IQ3CL League.

This is our first season running a Q3 league. Lets enjoy it and make it a good one. There are a few simple rules we must follow. There are things outside the control of the admins which can be done to gain an unfair advantage. It is hoped and assumed that players will not abuse this principle and will compete fairly.

Quake3 must be UNMODIFIED. This means non-standard models/sounds/maps are not allowed. Any artificial aiming aids are forbidden, as is the use of modified maps.

Teams are to be composed of 4 players and, with a minimum size of 3. Clans that cannot field 3 players by the allotted start time will be asked to leave the game and will be given a default loss. Clan resrtictions are as follows.

Clans cannot field more than 2 LPB's per team.

Clans will be allowed to submit more than one team. But players will not be allowed to swap between each team. Both teams must be named before start of season.

LPBs are defined as players using a digital connection. If an overseas person is playing for your clan and using a a digital connection, they will be classed as LPB, regardless of ping. Clans are allowed a maximum of 1 spectator each when playing games. Clans may field players from other non-league Irish clans if numbers cannot be met, but the admins must be informed of the new player, and which clan he/she is from. Players are subject to a 1 game sit-out period if changing clans within the Q3 Season, starting from when the league admin is informed of the transfer. If clans wish to field two teams, they must inform the admins of which players will be playing for which team.

Clans that default 2 games in a row, or 3 games during the course of a season will be removed from league and will have to wait till next season to participate again.
    Games will last 20 minutes. Clans must be ready to start by the alotted time, and will be called to the server well in advance of the start time. If a clan has insufficient players (3 minimum), then they are given a default loss. Games will be played similiar to DMM1 in quake1. (Weapons will not stay.)
    Notification of games will be sent to Clan leaders approximately a week before each of the games. Clan leaders should then ensure their clan is informed of their game times.
    Clans should be in channel #quake3.ie on irc.quake.ie at least 10 minutes before their scheduled start time and wait for an admin to call for your game to join the server.

Abuse: Unwarranted abuse from players is not acceptable and steps will be taken at the admins discretion. Complaints should be brought to the admins' attention via e-mail at thomas.k.howlin@intel.com

The Admins reserve the right to change these rules, but notice of at least a week will be given before a rule addition or amendment, and rules will not be changed mid-season except in very exceptional circumstances.

ENTRY FORM: (Must be handed in before the 1st Janurary to enter.)
    CLAN NAME:
    CLAN LEADER:
    CLAN LEADERS EMAIL ADDRESS:
    NAME OF 4 TEAM MEMBERS: Reserves not needed
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

Please mail the Entry form into me before 1st of Janurary.

email: thomas.k.howlin@intel.com

Jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 13-12-1999).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

No reply that mean there no interest smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Patience old boy, patience - some of us are slow readers wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 14-12-1999).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

i got bored after a few lines ya see smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

cant play q3 on the internet, but if some lan was arranged id like to play.. preferably some duel thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, well , well.

I remember , just before the first test of q3 came out everyone was going on about how the Irish quake scene was gonna embrace q3. I remember big long posts from Dev and Zero about how if we really got stuck into q3 at the start we could be "among the best in the world."

So now when its time to put your money where your mouth is no one replys. Why? Afraid of a bit of net lag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

well it does sux on the net like smile.gif
    and besides those ps guys are scary!!!!

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Yeah, now that I think of it they ARE pretty scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

FFS, A quake3 league and Quake3 hasn't even been released. Your a bunch of muppets. Its like you all are going to play Quake3, just because it has the latters Q U A K E in the name. I bet some of you are in Quake3 clans and all.

The sadness of forming a clan for a game which is just in the demo stage is just pityfull.

q3 is out. Its just SOME people dont have a copy yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Jedi - you can count KCD in for that compo. Just have to decide who the 4 players will be so I'll fill out the form then.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

stick HIV down for it. I'll get a read over the rules at some stage and then give out alot about them smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

heh bubbles yah muppet smile.gif
    Some of use have q3 btw tongue.gif
    And we play it cause its good not just cause its called quake.....all this coming from some one who loves tribes heheheheheheheh

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

q3 on modem?

are u mad?

every lpb all over the world is complaining about the lagg....

There is no point at all in trying to play this game with a modem....

What if every quake player in Ireland all moved into one big building. Then we could LAN all the time? What a utopia that would be?

Thanks lads, thats 3 interested clans.

PS
    KCD
    HIV

Where are the rest of you, DK, DOOZER, INC, CW, SCOBE, etc. Come on lads give it a go smile.gif. Its all a bit of fun smile.gif. The game will be out in stores this weeknd and trust me it rocks.:W

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ummm every lpb always complains about lag. smile.gif

No probs playing it meself online. Quite enjoyable actually.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Gota agree with amp here
    As an lpb online it's quite good really
    ehhh Ser...have U
    tried playing it with a modem, that is?

The Shadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yeah definitely put DK down
    el pres, well talk next time on IRC and get the squad togather

And, i think its a great idea - leagues are such ****ing good fun ! **** the idea of a dormant scene for 6 months except for 2 days biannualy for a lan

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

this is going to be so much fun

Whats the story with CM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I know how hard it can be to get clans for leagues, and its nice to see Irish leagues up and running again. I will ask the others if their interested in playing Q3 and if we get enough interested ppl we will enter the Q3 league. Their is the problem at present that nobody has the game yet. What we used to do in the IQ2CL is invite foreign clans to play, this got us through a second season.

DooZeR Clan http://dzr.cjb.net/

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 15-12-1999).]

Thats not a bad Idea. Well wait and see what how many clans we can get together here in ireland but if not, I definitely think inviting foreign clans to join is a good idea. Thanks mate. Hope DZR can make it for the first season.

Jedi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

You shouldnt even dream of inviting foreign clans.Thats just the same as everyone playing in the Uk leagues except with irish admins.The whole idea is for it to be irish!!!!

Just Don't !!

-=20-40=-

Ever try playing in the English leauges?? The ping is unplayable. Howvever England have a good few lpb clans who connect to Ireland NPs.

I think its a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I for one have no problem playing foreign clans. It makes the league more intresting. You don't just lets say have one or two clans dominateing over the others. Its also a chance to get back at foreign clans for all the lag we suffer abroad. Play them on our own turf and its a different story smile.gif

I guess it depends on how big you want the league to get but I dont see why the iq3cl should be 'irish only' UK leagues have no problems accepting Irish clans.
    d

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 17-12-1999).]

Lets take a vote, all in favour on allowing forigen clans in say Aye.

Balleting stops in 30 seconds.

Aye.

Then its settled.

Advertisement