Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat's the best?

Options
  • 05-12-2003 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

What 3d card that is around €200 would be good enough for most new games??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ATi Radeon 9600 series or nVidia GeForceFX 5700

get thee to the Tech board or www.komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'd go with the ATi 9600XT-based cards, they're very good. Also, the 9800SE comes in at about that price, but I don't know what it's like. The nVidia 5700 is generally outpaced by the 9600XT, especially on DX9 games, or when using Anisotropic filtering or antialiasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    I'd go with the ATi 9600XT-based cards, they're very good. Also, the 9800SE comes in at about that price, but I don't know what it's like. The nVidia 5700 is generally outpaced by the 9600XT, especially on DX9 games, or when using Anisotropic filtering or antialiasing.

So, in simple terms go for the Radeon 9600XT. Will beat the pants of nvidia and will perform to your needs on all games and upcoming releases too. komplett.ie have them from about €200.

Advertisement