Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Community Update #38

Options
  • 05-12-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

12/5/03 - Community Update

Listen Up Soldiers!

Mod Development Toolkit Update - Version 1.0b is ready!
    This new update includes many fixes to version 1.0a as well as introducing support for the free graphics program, gmax. gmax is a free 3D modeling and animation tool based on Discreet's award-winning 3ds max™. Built for gamers to create their own in-game content for gmax-ready games, a gamer can produce everything from characters to vehicles to objects such as buildings, trees and props.

To download the latest MDT click here. Or as an alternative, visit the MDT's official website to download it.

VOTE for Battlefield 1942!
    The Cyberathlete Professional League is voting for what game will join their roster of tournament games for their Summer 2004 Tournament. Battlefield 1942 is one of 5 finalists. Show your support for Battlefield and vote! You'll have to register on the site prior to voting.
    VOTE FOR BATTLEFIELD 1942 NOW!

Batllefield 1942 Map Making Contest
    Think you have the skills to build the ultimate battlefield? Now is your chance to prove it. Electronic Arts is teaming up with Alienware, NVIDIA, and PlanetBattlefield to present the Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Mapmaking Contest. Whether you’re an experienced Battlefield mapmaker or a novice looking to build your first multiplayer map, here's your opportunity to become the ultimate architect of war and win some great prizes, including an Alienware Area-51 Extreme PC, a GeForce FX 5900 Video Card, a GeForce FX 5700 Video Card, and more.
    For more details and information on how to enter the contest, visit PlanetBattlefield.

That about covers it for this weeks update. Oh wait... congratulations to "Tenacious D" for walking away with the "Most Tenacious" award this morning. You know who you are Tenacious D!

Until next time, this is EAComMike for the rest of the Battlefield 1942 team.

From Official Battlefield1942 site

No new news on the latest patch in this most recent Community Update but i expect it possibly this month or early next month. EA might give it to us as our Christmas pressie :) .....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Does this mean we could make our own map and then start to make our on cars and tanks or EVEN PLAINS??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yes if u have the skillz to do modeling and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I can make maps in Halflife, CS,red faction,C&C and Vietcong but i thing bf1942 engin is much more complex than the others but if winters could write out the engin details i would give it a try!!!;) :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    I can make maps in Halflife, CS,red faction,C&C and Vietcong but i thing bf1942 engin is much more complex than the others but if winters could write out the engin details i would give it a try!!!

Im not going to do ****. Look at the Mod Development Toolkit site and read that. It should have all the information you need. Also google if you want more.

Advertisement