Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Dmark03 score

• 06-12-2003 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Ran the test and ended up with 208 :(
    Obviously this is a piss poor score, im just wondering would anyone know why its just SO bad.
    My specs are

Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    512 mb pc3200 RAM
    Geforce FX5200
    windows XP

I had all other programs closed at the time too.

Any ideas?
    Thanks lads....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

roll back or update the graphics driver see if it makes a difference. i have a 6000 points drop in 3dmark01 from going from cats 3.8 to cats 3.9 with my 9800 pro. Saying that though you graphics card is not the best and you could really have a bad score. For example i've got a xp3200+ with a 9800pro that gives 17500 in 3dmark01 if i replace the radeon with a geforce2mx it drops to 2000. I've heard people say that 3dmark03 is highly graphics card dependent so you should look round the web and see what other people with 5200's are getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Seamusmc

Its got the latest graphics driver, the new nvidia one.

go back to the old one and see what happens latest doesn't always mean greatest it seems

ok thanks ill try that, but does my score seem low to you given the specs? I know the 5200 is pretty poor but its dx9 compliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH the 5303 seem to be quite poor. I'm running the same spec but with a 5600 ULTRA and I'm only getting about 3000 or there abouts. I think I had my system overclocked to 2.8 but still it should be better than that.

• Advertisement

tbh the score sounds bad but i don't know how bad it is. i don't have 3dmard03 as its a big download for dial-up so i'll wait for my broadband. Gonna have a look round the net for a bit see if i can dig anything up. let me know how you get on.

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Seamusmc

Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    512 mb pc3200 RAM
    Geforce FX5200
    windows XP

that is a crime to have a gf FX 5200 in that specced machine get yourself a card from the 9600 range and watch the score rise.

cr3m0, tell me about it !....I ordered from dell and at the time i knew feck all about graphics cards. If i had known then what i knew now etc etc.....:(

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/VGA/Inno3D_FX5200/pg_3.htm

Check out this it gives a score of about 1500 for a FX 5200 with a 2200+ i'd say you should be aiming aroudn 1500-2000 then.

They used the 43.45 and it was a 128mb card. I'd run it with these drivers see if you can get something similar to this. good luck data

Cr3mo is right though thats a crime to have that graphics card in there. If you have a spare €200 a 9600XT or a 5700Ultra would see you right but probably not without voiding your warranty.

well just to update you , i rolled back the driver, also changed the quality settings of the card to application controlled cos i think it was at 8x anisotropic and 8x antialiasing. Ran 3mark03 again and am getting 1555 . Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Seamusmc
    i think it was at 8x anisotropic and 8x antialiasing.

well that will make a big difference to your score, perhaps you should enable them in 3dmark03 and see if it replicates your 200 score from the previous driver? I'm not entirely sure that even if it was application controlled that you would have run with those setting previously. I had high anisotropic and high antialiasing on with my card but 3dmark01 defaults to run with both of these off i think. Happy days anyway

data

Advertisement