Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyword Highlighting

Options
  • 06-12-2003 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I've been burning the midnight oil messing around with Dreamweaver MX 2004 and I've added a keyword search page to my website. It basically searches a table on a db for any word a user enters (your common as muck (sorry Muck) search function). Anyway, when given the results I want to, if possible be able to highlight the keyword on the page.

As each result of the search would be rather long, I've used a DW extension to crop the length of the db field to 250 characters with a link included to pull the full article out of the database. So searching loads up one page and if you want to view the full article that loads up another. I want to be able to highlight the keyword on the full article page. It's all a bit confusing, take a look at www.rymus.net/doamm.asp and search for the word of your choosing.

I've had a look around but all I've got are long-winded explanations and ungodly amounts of code that mean nothing to me. If there is a quick way to do it I will, otherwise I just won't bother.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

You mean something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

aye.. that looks like it'll do it. Nice and simple. Cheers :D

Advertisement