Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpu temp probs!

Options
  • 06-12-2003 5:48am

ok I've just assembled a new machine today and it works fine but a little bit ago it rebooted on its own and I think this might have something to do with the cpu temp. When I check the bios at startup it ranges from 47-51 which isn't too good...I think the heatsink is fine too (i think) because it's heating up like a mofo.

its an athlon xp 3000+ system with a EKL Blade XP Controlled Socket A
    (20704001041) up to AMD XP3200+ fan...the rpm on the komplett site for the fan is 4300 however when I check the bios it only says it's going 2100 or something like that.

any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

If you used a thermal pad, it's normal for temps to go high the first time you start up cos the pad has to melt and fill grooves before it works properly. It should settle down after cooling down fully and then restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Why dont you get some Temp monitoring s/w? Mother Board Monitor and then run a new shiny game for half an hour and check what temps your getting you can hit 60C and not afto worry, over 65C is where you should be worried, try it out and check.

yeah thanks for the help but I just opted for a better cpu fan...I get temps of 38 when idle to 45 while gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i have an 2000+ running at 60oC idle for well over a year now (well about a year and a week)

and at home i got a duron 800 running at 133fsb (about 1066mhz) for 3 years and it never goes above 40oC, maybe i should swap heatsinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

That level of a drop in temps is good to see :) , what heatsink are you using now??

Ouch an Xp2000+ running at 60 degree's idle ....... palimino core mabye (they run real hot without problems) .

• Advertisement
Advertisement