Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax

Options
  • 06-12-2003 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Can i pay my tax in my local gardí station?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NO! You pay road tax at the motor tax office.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

can i try?

NOOOOOO! (is this a troll?)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You can try but you'd be wasting your time as you can't pay it there.

Why not post the thing to your motor tax office?

Is your motor tax overdue then?

it ran out in november. what do i need to send to the motor tax office? just the money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Wot they said below. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You need money,registration cert/log book, nct cert (if applicable) and your insurance cert.

Chief.

You need to fill out the renewal form and sent it with -

Ypur registration cert
    your NCT cert (NOT the disk),
    your insurance papers (NOT the disk),
    the money - cheque/credit card/postal order (do not send cash).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

For some reason you have to send your Certificate of Insurance, and your vechicle registration cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    what do i need to send to the motor tax office? just the money?
    This is a troll right?

OK, er, yeah. Send the money in cash and don't tell them who sent it.

Or you could do what the guys above said but that'd be less fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,355 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PM'd you my PO box number, just post the cash in an envelope and I'll sort it for ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I find they tend to move a lot faster if you go and do it in person. Though your mileage may vary depending how far you live/work from the tax office.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by mike65

Ypur registration cert
    your NCT cert (NOT the disk),
    your insurance papers (NOT the disk),

Awh Christ! My tax expires at end of this month :( so I'd better search for all those papers pretty sharpish! I know they're about here somewhere! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by byte
    Awh Christ! My tax expires at end of this month :( so I'd better search for all those papers pretty sharpish! I know they're about here somewhere! :rolleyes:

Heres a useful tip, organise your tax so that when it runs out it does so in any month other than December - reason? The Xmas post madness (my driving licence was lost over the Yuletide some years ago) or the fact the tax office is closed for about 10 days!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I used to work in the motor tax place in Rathfarnham, I did it for the summer last year. If your posting in make sure you fill out the form right, answer every single question, and dont forget to sign your name. Cos if anything at all is wrong or not filled in they send the whole thing back to you:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Three letters:

Q4U

Originally posted by herbie747
    Three letters:

Q4U

is 4 included in your count, u mite wanna count again. im getting 2 letters.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Heres a useful tip, organise your tax so that when it runs out it does so in any month other than December - reason? The Xmas post madness (my driving licence was lost over the Yuletide some years ago) or the fact the tax office is closed for about 10 days!

Mike.

Yeah I will be doing that! When I got the car it was taxed already til December so now when it's due, I'll tax for just 3 months, then for a year (finance dependant) at the end of March! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mike.

I accidentally did something similar.
    Mine ran out in September, i genuinely forgot about it so they sent me 2 reminders.
    The 2nd reminder says that if it isnt paid in 10 days, the garda will be notified.
    It wasnt paid in the 10 days as stated, only posted it off last week :)

Funny how the gardai are notified when the 'little' man forgets to pay extortionist road tax :)
    (To see a garda here , you would have to be hallucinating)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,355 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by byte
    I'll tax for just 3 months

If your cash flow is sh*te (xmas etc) get an overdraft / bank loan and DO pay the tax for the full year. It works out a lot cheaper that way :)
    Originally posted by gurramok
    I accidentally did something similar.
    Mine ran out in September, i genuinely forgot about it so they sent me 2 reminders.
    The 2nd reminder says that if it isnt paid in 10 days, the garda will be notified.
    It wasnt paid in the 10 days as stated, only posted it off last week :)

Funny how the gardai are notified when the 'little' man forgets to pay extortionist road tax :)
    (To see a garda here , you would have to be hallucinating)

The things Gardai always look at on checkpoints - and they will be legion this month ;) - are the insurance and tax discs. If your tax is out by 3 months, they can confiscate your car. Don't be silly and get your tax sorted asap m8

• Advertisement
Advertisement