Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah to be British

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

If and only if those that want closer ties to europe win then i'd be for ireland as part of a federal uk.

Why bother? We'd all just be regions in a European state - that way we'd have strong ties with Britain and with other countries in Europe as well.

I can't see any benefits of being in the UK - it would be agreeing with those who justified colonialism by saying the Irish were incapable of ruling themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Why bother?

if we also changed to be european then i would agree with you, but i still think we need a revolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

but i still think we need a revolution

Revolution?
    Its already started, Its coming, Its never going to happen, Its going to be behind closed doors....Depending who writes history of course...but revolutions were poor manifesations of change...

at the moment we can now see that Europe is growing and hopefully we can reap the beneffits in our lifetime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

hopefully

if we also changed to be european then i would agree with you, but i still think we need a revolution

We are. It's happenig slowly but surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by simu
    We are. It's happenig slowly but surely.
    Isn't that more evolution rather than revolution then?:)

Originally posted by sceptre
    Isn't that more evolution rather than revolution then?:)

I was referring to becoming more European - it's happening slowly. No need for a revolution.

Even though becoming European is a misnomer. Ireland has always been in Europe - I don't like this divide ppl make between Ireland, theUK and "the continent".

Having more contact with other European nations would be a better, if longer way of saying it.

Advertisement