Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video files as a screensaver?

Options
  • 07-12-2003 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Is it possible? If so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah u can. Someone in the "a good screensaver?" thread was talking about it that u could use .mpg's so maybe a quick google would turn up some results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

when I get to college I'll upload the .exe to my webspace and you kin d/l it.
    1.5 megs ok?

might do it tomorrow either...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

These might be of some help...

AVI/Mpg Screensaver displayer

Screensaver DIY

I've never actually used them myself, so I've no idea if they're any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Those programs work but they dont seem to be able to read divx files. Is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Download AVISS from my site:
    http://www.trekpulse.com/ent/mult/downloads/starfleetcom/aviss.zip

I have a few enterprise lcar vids there that can be used as screensavers (http://www.trekpulse.com/ent/mult/screensavers.htm)

Should work fine.

• Advertisement

Same thing man, blank screen, with sound. It's not using the divx codec to decode the .avi. Any ideas? I already have a divx codec installed, just need to tell the program to use it.

Actually i think i set the display to windows player or something like that... See if that works.. I don't recall selecting divx from the menu
    After all, it's a program that will play it... the Codec can't play the file directly

U could try playing those divxs on that page link i have too... just in case it's the video files ur trying to play. At least i know those ones definitely work

Im sorry what? Anyways i tried setting it to play the video file with media player... nothing. Not even sound now, just blank screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

get powertools here

works with XP...not sure what other OS.

Can use video playlists along with single video files as the screensaver

• Advertisement

That requires windows media player 9. I hate media player 9, it's annoying as feck. Any versions that'll work with media player 8?

Advertisement