Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo???

• 07-12-2003 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've been told i can't get my first tattoo on my foot. Anyone know why???

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whoever told you that is an idiot.
    You can get a tattoo done wherever you want.
    The foot is extremely painful to get done and maybe the tattooist wouldnt recommend getting your first done there.Just try a different studio.
    Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

Yep foot tattoo is very painful,
    40% chance you'll pass out
    (if it's a decent sized tatttoo)

Probably told you that because you'll have a 'bad experience'

But go on sure take the pain it's you're body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Tatoos are horrible - why would you want one?
    In ten years time it will be faded and didty looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

my mother got her first tattoo on her foot.
    she said wasnt that painfull.
    she got it when she was 44, 5 years on still looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

it may be useful to know that the reason why some artists dont tattoo the feet is that the friction of the shoe constantly rubbing off the tat whilst it is attempting to heal can cause a lot of fading and blurring. Thats probly why you were told that, also some artists have personal prefernces not to tatoo certain body parts especially on virgin skin as in painful areas where there is a lot of bone and sensitivity the person wil probly move around a lot when gettin it done whihc can be really difficlult for the artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

I got my first tattoo on my foot, around my ankle. yes it was sore but I am happy that i got it done. If I had picked a different tattoo or somewhere else on my body i don't think I would have been as happy with it and so would have been less likily to have gone on to get other tattoos.

The next tattoo I got was on my chest and was so hyped up on adreiline expecting it to be painful that when it wasn't, i started nodding off to sleep while I was getting it done, which was a bit mad

xx
    r

Advertisement