Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Websites on the Internet?

• 07-12-2003 12:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what they think are the best websites on the Internet... I could make a big list but I'm simply going to give www.Amazon.com my vote, it simply is brilliant. So well organised, easy to use, good recommendtions & reviews, customised to your taste.... I love it, I just wish they had an irish version, although even with the sterling difference you can still get some amazing bargains on www.amazon.co.uk ... The good news is that its just going to keep on getting bigger and better...

Anyone else got a favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

WWW.DEVIANTART.COM

got to check it out;
    thousands of computer artists, photographers, poets... upload their work here
    - free to download [but illegal to rip-off]

2nd choice would be BOARDS!

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

By what definition of 'best' do you classify these web sites?, i.e. design, ease of use, usefullness, w3 compliance etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I second the vote for [EMAIL=www.bash.org]www.bash.org[/EMAIL], and also want to add [EMAIL=www.google.com]www.google.com[/EMAIL], and all it's variations, and also [EMAIL=www.somethingawful.com]www.somethingawful.com[/EMAIL]

Bash casue it's unbelievably funny, Google cause it's the best for searches no contest. And Something Awful for it's many brilliances such as the best spam board on the net full stop FYAD (F**k You And Die), Photoshop Phriday, Post here and be banned (Which people do post in :D ) and the file forums.

Don't know if 3 is overtly much, but screw it, the 3 of them are excellent sites, and my post can be edited/deleted if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

....just thought of something, is this best websites OTHER than boards.ie?

cos boards HAS to be #1!

with bash a close second:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    I second the vote for [EMAIL=www.bash.org]www.bash.org[/EMAIL], and also want to add [EMAIL=www.google.com]www.google.com[/EMAIL], and all it's variations, and also [EMAIL=www.somethingawful.com]www.somethingawful.com[/EMAIL]

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    By what definition of 'best' do you classify these web sites?, i.e. design, ease of use, usefullness, w3 compliance etc....
    I dont want to put any restrictions on the topic, just sites that you think are the best in their class, or just somehting brilliant & innovative - like google or even ebay... it will be interesting to hear people opinions, and discover some new sites...

If you like www.photo.net you should also check out www.worth1000.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

maddox.xmission.com

and

realultimatepower.net

genius :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I guess my favorite website changes every week but wikipedia has got to be worth a mention.

Its a free encyclopedia where you (or anybody ) can actually edit the pages at will.

The amazing thing is it works and the end product is one of the best on line encyclopedias there is. I like to think of it as the web embodiment of the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement