Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you think / want TP to go next?

• 07-12-2003 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Just wonderin on what the general opinion is on what you thing Terry Pratchett will do next with Discworld.

Myself i wouldnt mind another guards book or another de worde book, or at least something involving Lu Tze ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

well if they had another guards book, that would mean another "promotion" for Vimes, and I don't think there's much else at this stage he can be given ;) Cept maybe take over as Patrician :D

Another witches book maybe, or Mustrum Ridcully's wizards -they've never really been centre stage _much_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

yeh, i think another wizards book, or Lue - Tze would be very appreciated.
    The Monks Of Cool were mentioned in TOT, i think he should do a book on them, satirizing all the different aspects of pop culture in history.

The assasins guild should get a good book, detailing all the customs and practices of the assasins.

or an adult Nac Mac Feegle book, with Granny Weather Wax, Nanny Ogg, Agnes Nitt and Magrat.

BIGJOBS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pyramids is estentially an assasins book, from enrollment to graduation of one pupil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Another Wizards book would indeed be welcome. I like those characters, particularly Ridcully and the Bursar.

I really like that Monks of Cool idea, there's a lot of potential. Remember the episode of Earthworm Jim where the universe was nearly destroyed by The Worst Lounge Act In The Universe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

I think at this stage another 'stand-alone' book would be good. Possibly involving Krull...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

we haven't had rincewind in a while, or the witches. thre have been too many recent guards books, I doubt he will base his next on them..

although he has gotten fond of cameo appearances, so chances are we'll see one of em anway

I think at this stage, a rincewind book would be very against the direction Pratchett is going anyway. His books have been getting darker and more "serious". Rincewind is a pure comic character, the coward, I can't see him appearing again, not in the way that we know him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

personally i'd like to see him on the premiership doing a bit of commentary with Big Ron on Man City vs. Leicester,
    and afterwards maybe another guest appearance on Ready steady cook with Ainsley 'uuuummm oooohhhhh aaaaa nice' Harriet,
    failing these 2 the direction i'd most like to see he going is North Noth East and towards Newgate and the Gallows where he can share a pipe or two with the hangman and care not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

TP doing football commentry, I dont see it catching on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I think at this stage, a rincewind book would be very against the direction Pratchett is going anyway. His books have been getting darker and more "serious". Rincewind is a pure comic character, the coward, I can't see him appearing again, not in the way that we know him.

I think a good comedy would go down well, I've enjoyed the last few books a lot, but its a long time since I read a pTerry book that made me literally laugh till I cried and my sides ached.

• Advertisement

Well the witches in particular have always made me laugh out loud, that and Nobby/Colon. Rincewind always struck me as a one-trick pony; would still love to see a book where he's finally given a break. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by regeneration
    Rincewind always struck me as a one-trick pony
    Nah, ponies can't run that fast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

Hes definitly more of a race horse, speed wise, chicken in all other respects.

*l* :D
    true

Advertisement