Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNT's....

Options
  • 18-12-1999 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey.

I have a problem with my quake 3 and i think it might be my tnts fault..When i start my PC quake 3 will run the first time but then afterwards i go to run it..it goes to the gray bit then to the white and stays there and i cant get out of it and then that sound starts going off when u run ure mouse over the menu options any suggestions?(THIS happened with demo test also)

thanks.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Get a new computer/card.
    problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Oooooooh, Helpful.
    Although probably more helpful than this sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Runs fine on my 98 machine with Creative TNT.

Try new drivers?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

thanks Will do could u suggest anyones inpaticular?

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i had dat same problem with the demo, all i had to do when the plain white screen came up was press alt + f4 and she worked......try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Get latest nVidia 3.65 detonators from http://www.reactorcritical.com/files/NVidia/detonator365.zip

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I had the same problem with glquake1 for 3dfx
    Maybe after the first time the drivers are sorta still in use by the game?
    If I run a different game and run it a second time it works(glquake - not glqw)
    OK so im not much help but ure not alone with the problem and neither is q3. Probably drivers/card then.

And a Merry Christmas to you too Crash smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I finally got Gl extensions working for my v3, and yes it was downloading the latest drivers that fixed it.

QUAKE 3 IS SOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

<START SNIP>
    >thanks Will do could u suggest anyones inpaticular?
    <END SNIP>

INPATICULAR

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

McRAShhhH I mLOVE YOU

Thanks for the replies lads i appreciate it Damo first of all i'll try that in two minutes smile.gif, Ive tried a few drivers didnt seem to work and Paladin yes i Run quake 3 then hidden and dangerous and then q3 again it sometimes works..well thanks lad's.

Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement

Actually it didnt work :/

Merry Christmas!

Where abouts would one put those drivers? smile.gif

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

crash it could be over heating.....try a fan on it. jedi has a problem similiar to you

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

chaos f u c k r i g h t u p!

=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

ere a good way to check if its overHEATING is to slap a MARSHMALLOW on it,

and if it cooks nice a juicy on the inside yet crispy and crunchy on the outside YOU'LL then know its over heating !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Crash it's not a question of what drivers. You have a TNT so if you have problems go to the TNT website, check for new drivers and download them. Also check for any mention of a similar problem to yours. The download will have an installer if it's any good at all or at the very least intructions. The drivers you get with a Video card purchase will almost always be out of date so it's always worth checking it out immediately.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Runs fine on mine at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Run GLSetup that came with Q3, its one of the options on the installer menu....

Well Muso ure solution infact cost my problem to start out with really...It used to happen the ODD time but then i downloaded the drivers from the TNT site..and then everything sorta ****ed up the drivers Sickyboy suggested are actually excellent..they have it werking now..but it cosed a problem with QUAKE 1 when i play q1 and then when i come out everythings big and gray then i have to run quake 3 and quit again and everythings fine and Dandy!, I didnt want to run GL setup..i've heard it wouldnt fix my problem and its meanty to be HELLA buggy etc..and installing that on top of the other drivers might **** something up so..anyway the drivers Sickboy suggested does the job whoever has the same problem or similar

thanks SB..and all the others that have tried to help.

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yeah I get the big grey thing after I quit QW. Anyone got a clue on how to fix it? (I have a TNT too (!2))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

i suggest that u sell the cards to me for a really cheap price since there broke ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fergal

I have a TnT for sale if anyone wants it,£50
    or best offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

17 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Why resurrect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Accidentally found thread while searching for something else, 18 years old, pretty impressive

Advertisement