Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peter o brien

Options
  • 07-12-2003 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

hi there

was looking for some peter o brien cds, the only one i can find on the net is something like piano of a celtic soul, and i can't see any in teh shops. does anyone know of a decent record store in dublin/on the net where i can get some more stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thehomosuperior

irrelevantly, peter o'brien is a notoriously bad student at nuig. he repeated first year 3 times, despite being seemingly smart-ish. i know not whether he has launched a musical career or not, but if he did i'd warrant he'd be playing the flute, his own one that is...

i'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

aye, and don't the the door hit your arse on the way out :rolleyes:

Poor old Peter O'Brien, he was really a great stride pianist. I went to see his concert with Judy Carmichael in the NCH about a year ago, it was fantastic stuff. They had two pianos back to back, both of them banging away.. it was a great sound.

He mentioned his website at one point during the concert - I presume there'd be information about other CDs there, but i haven't been able to find it again.

RIP Prof O'Brien! :(

Advertisement