Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waffle

Options
  • 21-12-1999 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

Just found this little review of a demo up on Stayne's......

"I can beat him" mouths Golden Boy to the voyeuresqe crowd of neophytes, wayfarers and journeymen in messagemode 2. More intent on witnessing fraglust than a good game, the spectators hungrily devour in-eyes the willo-waspy, airy-fairy, and KY Jelly-coated movements of the amorphous slug called aR|Remer. "He moves like silk" … "Nice …" singsong the ****atoos in observer mode as again and again, Remer unapologetically and unabashedly rips holes into the flesh of his opponent. Continually terraformed under the intense barrage of rocket predicts and stray shots, the Edge reverb echoes of pleasure as the gentle caress that which is Remer passes wayward towards his next spawn kill [note: Remer was schooled in the gentle yet uber-violent 2nd generation art of Strafe-Kwon-Do]. "Feed me more gibs" cries out the insatiable Edge. As if by script, all of Stealth's gibs begin to disappear. One by one. Dropped grenades and ammo are also engulfed by the Mother Gaea of all known maps. [Don't u hate gibs that don't disappear and u spash damage on them??] The Edge basks in her glory once again. Hmmpph, even her GAY3 map progeny still suckle at her teats when it comes to gameplay. [meanwhile, close ur eyes and listen very carefully: Back at the Ranch, u can hear an easily-winded and perspiring train called Zoid chug away a fervent melody "I think I can… I think I can". Oh yea, let's all hold hands and sing the Coca Cola "We are the Children" song as u try and make peace with the Q2CTF community while developing kickass maps? I hope ID is paying u to kick ID back in the butt for lousy-ass maps. Bite the hand that feeds u man. Roar!] Oh poo! I must have anger .. back to my therapist. …. OK yea back to the game.
    er… now back to the cheese
    "Nice …" singsong the ****atoos in observer mode as again and again, Remer unapologetically and unabashedly rips holes into the flesh of his opponent. The spectators continue their play of witless, niggling and laconic chitchat à the social currency of newbie posers trying to sound … well….hehe, they are all gay. Who cares :p. Then suddenly out of the blue, a challenge is chirped by an observer: "If u can beat him, get rid of ur alias and play him then". [U hear a thud as GoldenBoy falls back to Earth. He gets that weird ****ty feeling u get just before u get a nosebleed from getting hit in the snozz by a punch, a baseball, a hockey puck. You know what I'm talking about. It feels as if time stands still or slows down, and u can already taste the Snot-blood in ur mouth as u hopelessly watch that baseball come straight for your nose]. Then out of this shell of a man microsqueaks: "No…. I can't beat him".
    à>>>> Ok, Enuff! GOLDEN THEN PLAYS REMER AFTER THE STEALTH MATCH AND GIVES REMER A VERY GOOD GAME. OBSERVERS START POURING IN AT 3Am. THIS HAS ONE REALLY GOOD CHASE SCENE. "UNF UNF UNF ….silence ….. UNF UNF UNF" GUESS WHERE I AM GAME TOO.
    --torn (130.15.195.119)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Collie!
    What is all that about?
    Anyway I'm here in the Clonmel library on some smelly computer, so Happy Boss-mas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Have a good one Arky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Lol, it censored "c o c katoos" sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

that is the most nerdy thing i have ever read, trust you to find it collie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

sorry damo...i mean it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I kept my silence when Microsoft announced it wanted to harm others, or even instill the fear of harm. I did nothing when it tried to overthrow all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drag people down into the sphere of its own base nature. But its latest excuses are the straw that breaks the camel's back. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, its stuck-up past resonates in its current positions. When I look back I think, "This phenomenon seems commonplace in our disintegrating society." Notice the postmodernist tendency of Microsoft's words. Microsoft obscures the true meaning of its sophistries with propaganda and fancy talk. That shouldn't surprise you when you consider that its lies come in many forms. Some of its lies are in the form of biases. Others are in the form of zingers. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion. Microsoft has never inscribed its name on the Parthenon of human excellence, either mental or moral.

Microsoft's central role in the promotion of perverted fascism dates back a number of years. Certainly, Microsoft should do some research next time before printing half-truths and misinformation. The vast majority of people would probably be willing to help me reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of crapulous televangelists. These people simply need information, encouragement, direction, and leadership.

So, what am I doing about that? I'm educating. I'm trying to study the problem and recommend corrective action. And what about Microsoft's cronies? They, like Microsoft, are anal-retentive nugatory liars and cheats. I try never to argue with Microsoft, because it's clear it's not susceptible to reason. Some critics have called Microsoft gloomy. A handful insist it's goofy. Its lackeys, on the other hand, consider it to be one of the great minds of this century.

As my mother used to tell me, "Every concert that Microsoft attends rapidly degenerates into a free-for-all of slam dancing and scattered fistfights." I call this phenomenon "Microsoft-ism". Surprisingly, the courts and our elected officials are way ahead of Microsoft in embracing this simple fact. Education without action creates frustration, while action without education leads to irreligionism. Microsoft and its prissy myopic henchmen must laugh about this in private, knowing that Microsoft has a deep conviction that its sentiments are Right with a capital R.

Why do we put up with Microsoft? Microsoft has called innocent children deceitful self-deceiving Philistines to their faces. This was not a momentary aberration or a slip of the tongue, and hence, we can safely say that it can push me only so far and no farther. While criticizing its opponents for enforcing a disdainful orthodoxy, Microsoft itself is trying to enforce a particular orthodoxy -- the orthodoxy of self-pitying rancorous deconstructionism. The dominant characteristic of Microsoft's mudslinging warnings is not that they blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats, but that in the bargain, they revive the ruinous excess of a bygone era to bounce and blow amidst the ruinous excess of the present era.

The confusion that hypersensitive obscene bullies create is desirable and convenient to our national enemies. Am I saying that most other abusive hermits are not as depraved as they seem? Yes. That it is hardly surprising that Microsoft has a driving need to bring this battle to a fever pitch? Maybe. That at the end of this journey, I want to be able to say that I tried my best to embrace the cause of self-determination and recognize the leading role and clearer understanding of those people for whom the quintessential struggle is an encompassing liberation movement against the totality of pauperism? Definitely.

Even if we accepted Microsoft's notions, so what? Does that mean that two wrongs make a right? Of course not. Consider the issue of prodigal insurrectionism. Everyone agrees that I wish money-grubbing litterbugs like Microsoft's assistants would quit whining and try doing some honest work for a change, but there are still some lawless amoral hoodlums out there who doubt that those who fight against Microsoft's piteous values are inevitably branded as garrulous and negligent by Microsoft's helpers. To them I say: Microsoft's ideologies are a modern-day example of a Procrustean bed. Only Microsoft can praise an institution that is as pigheaded and conniving as it itself.

I, hardheaded cynic that I am, will not play Microsoft's shiftless games and win support by encapsulating frustrations and directing them toward unpopular scapegoats just like it does. I am morally and ethically opposed to Microsoft's statements. I hate to say this, but Microsoft should try being a little more open-minded. To compromise the things that define us, including integrity, justice, love, and sharing has never been something that I wanted to do. Never. In case you hadn't noticed, if we let Microsoft fill the air with recrimination and rancor, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization.

Microsoft's hatred knows no bounds. I kid you not. We all need to be aware of each other's existence as intelligent, feeling, human beings, even if some of us are obnoxious useless utopians. I mean, really. In plain, simple-to-understand English, the world would be better off if Microsoft had never been born. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Microsoft produces.

I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for Microsoft's subterfuge. I'm utterly stunned. While it is essential -- and among my highest priorities -- to raise issues, as opposed to guns or knives, Microsoft has gone way too far with its no-compromise attitude. Microsoft is basically a bad organization. Perhaps it sounds like stating the obvious to say that no one is more slovenly than Microsoft. For heaven's sake, as conscious, sentient beings aware of our actions and capable of response, we must replace today's chaos and lack of vision with order and a supreme sense of purpose. Let me close where I began: As far as Microsoft's out-of-touch practices are concerned, I will not capitulate today, tomorrow, or ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Thank god for a free medical restart the heart thingy , with 12 boxes of alpen or id be dead now.
    My heart slowed down so much from boredom that it actually stopped!!!
    Thank u ALPEN. - u saved my heart ,
    not to mention meking my bowels very regular , errrrrr ,ummmmmm -ah - I EAT CORNFLAKES. Yeah - cornflakes. Thats believable.
    2 peanuts walking down a road.
    1 was asalted.
    Did ye know that manchester united are paying roy keane £50,000 a week??!!!

This is keeping with the topic -waffle right?
    Time to close the thread i think Q smile.gif

Advertisement