Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem (again!!)

• 07-12-2003 9:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I posted recently about a problem i was having with my printer. its an all in one, but when i installed it the printer wouldnt install. (scanner did)

i think i know the problem, but i dont know how to fix it so i need some help please!
    whenever i log in after a start up i get a hardware wizard box saying that a printer has been detected and do i want to install it, but its not the one i have, that software just wont work. i figure that i need to 'clear' the pc of the first printer im getting info on when i start up as it is stopping the actuall one from being properly detected and installed, so can anyone help?

I unplugged the printer and its still saying that it needs to be installed etc..... please help

thanks
    Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

what model printer is it? I used to have the same problem with a hp all in one at work, in the end we sent it back due to it being actually faulty, the next one came same prob again, instead of using the usb connection we used the printer port instead and has being working without errors since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Indeed Bob_Bot I had a HP970CA or summit that did the exact same thing when it was running via usb so after a quick change to a good old fashioned printer cable it worked perfectly.

Actually the pcs dont happen to be from Dell do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've had this a few times, one instance was where the previous printer was an Epson. These install an Epson USB device in the device manager (I presume we are talking about windoze).

First of all make sure you uninstall any software associated with the previous printer using Add/Remove etc. Disconnect New printer.

After restart check the Device Manager for any USB devices similar to the previous printer and remove them or Uninstall (winxp). Restart again and if all goes well the add new printer wizard should not bother you.

Reconnect the new printer and try the install again.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven

Actually the pcs dont happen to be from Dell do they?

lol if only so, they're gateways!!!! :p

the horror!

Advertisement